Cars can make extra money, outside Uber?

heresthedeal

Hey everyone,

I am not an Uber driver as of this moment, but the lack of monetary compensation that Uber gives to its drivers still pisses me off. I take the service almost daily and I believe that the drivers deserve better than what they are getting.

So, I was thinking of something that might help the situation and wanted your opinion, if you are a driver, to see whether such a resolution would work or not:

1- Would you be willing to put ads (in form of stickers) on your car? If no, why not?
2- If you would be willing to do so, how much compensation would you desire?
3- There are already services out there that do this. In case you have tried them, what part left you most dissatisfied? If you have not tried any and would not be opposed to having ads, what is preventing you from going to those companies?

Let me know what you think! Your opinions will determine whether I should pursue this solution further or if I should just let it go.

ANT 7

Uber's terms of service prohibit this in my market. And think our city also does as well. Taxi's here for example do not have ads on them like in some US cities.

heresthedeal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m thinking of starting a market research company so UP members can be compensated when asked for business advice.
Hey man, at least some people are trying to improve the current situation instead of just crying out loud.
Post automatically merged:

Uber's terms of service prohibit this in my market. And think our city also does as well. Taxi's here for example do not have ads on them like in some US cities.
That is a good point. I will have to look at that further.

UbaBrah

Assuming it even is allowed, I likely wouldn't do it myself as I prefer a clean, minimalist look for my Ubermobile. If it got to the point where I was having to turn my car into a bus stop I would probably find something else to do.

25rides7daysaweek

Hey everyone,

I am not an Uber driver as of this moment, but the lack of monetary compensation that Uber gives to its drivers still pisses me off. I take the service almost daily and I believe that the drivers deserve better than what they are getting.

So, I was thinking of something that might help the situation and wanted your opinion, if you are a driver, to see whether such a resolution would work or not:

1- Would you be willing to put ads (in form of stickers) on your car? If no, why not?
2- If you would be willing to do so, how much compensation would you desire?
3- There are already services out there that do this. In case you have tried them, what part left you most dissatisfied? If you have not tried any and would not be opposed to having ads, what is preventing you from going to those companies?

Let me know what you think! Your opinions will determine whether I should pursue this solution further or if I should just let it go.
I'm making a pretty good amount
of money driving uber and lyft.
I'll put whatever you want on my car
and drive 200 miles 12 hours everyday
7 days a week for $2000

FLKeys

I run a 2" X 6" ad on the back of my headrests along with my dash cam notice and a thank you message. I charge $120 per year or $66 for 6 months for each spot. Both spots were taken by two different restaurants in two different towns for a full year. One has already renewed for a second year. Still waiting to hear back from the other. I started this in March of last year and have never heard a negative comment from my pax. In fact many of them ask me if the restaurants are any good. One happens to be my favorite, and I have never eaten at the other.

Two simple little ads inside my car provide $240 per year for me with little to no effort.

itendstonight

I run a 2" X 6" ad on the back of my headrests along with my dash cam notice and a thank you message. I charge $120 per year or $66 for 6 months for each spot. Both spots were taken by two different restaurants in two different towns for a full year. One has already renewed for a second year. Still waiting to hear back from the other. I started this in March of last year and have never heard a negative comment from my pax. In fact many of them ask me if the restaurants are any good. One happens to be my favorite, and I have never eaten at the other.

Two simple little ads inside my car provide $240 per year for me with little to no effort.
Pics?

I run a marquee inside my van - Mercedes-Benz Metris 6 passenger van - I also have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube Premium and Discover available on 2 10" Flat screens =))

DriveLV

Similar here. While it is against Uber’s TOS, that doesn’t worry me. No one is going to report me for that purpose.

However, our airport regulations prohibit display of advertising on the vehicle for TNC. Taxis can have as many ads as they want, however. And it’s impossible here to avoid airport rides. Even if I don’t do pickups at the airport, there’s no way to avoid having a pax going to the airport.

Trafficat

Similar here. While it is against Uber’s TOS, that doesn’t worry me. No one is going to report me for that purpose.

However, our airport regulations prohibit display of advertising on the vehicle for TNC. Taxis can have as many ads as they want, however. And it’s impossible here to avoid airport rides. Even if I don’t do pickups at the airport, there’s no way to avoid having a pax going to the airport.
Cancel when you see the destination!

doyousensehumor

Nice... but i think you are under selling yourself. You should charge more!

FLKeys

Nice... but i think you are under selling yourself. You should charge more!
Possibly, I did a little research with several restaurant managers I know and based my pricing off that. We are not a big city and my ride count is not that high because of the over saturation of drivers so for my market I think the pricing is pretty fair. If I was driving in a big city I would look at higher rates. If I keep driving I'll bump up the rates a little next year and see what happens.

RideshareUSA

Too cheap. Should charge $50 per month!