Careful on start times!

vegas7sam

Anyone else have similar issues? I worked my butt off during EDC weekend to earn the incentives. The incentive clearly states that bonus is paid on rides TAKEN between 3-8 am. After the fiasco of getting to the lot on Friday (2 hours from Speedway exit to Zuber lot!) I made sure I got there early on Saturday night - wAited in lot until 3am and went online - and of course got a ride immediately. Text message to pax shows I sent space number at 3am. Uber is disqualifying this ride from being eligible as they say request came in at 2:58, and was accepted at 2:59:50 (i.e. 10 seconds before the incentive period officially began). Ride was TAKEN from 3:02 am till about 3:28 am which should have qualified. Uber support keeps sending back form responses. I am still fighting this, but have noticed a big drop off if requests this week. Uber claims that ride times take effect at request and not pickup or start, but I know we don't get paid until trip starts. Any suggestions on how to fight this? As a result of that one ride getting disqualified, I lost the $85 min ride guarantee plus the $500 7 ride bonus - or is Uber just trying to avoid paying?

CatchyMusicLover

If the PAX requested before 3AM then it counts as before 3AM...and then accepted before 3AM (I.E. you accept the ping), then yeah, it was before 3AM. When you pick up doesn't really matter. Doesn't matter when you get payed. If you look at the trip history the timing will be clear.

LV-Reni

- wAited in lot until 3am and went online - and of course got a ride immediately.
Sounds like you almost waited until 3am. Each night there I heard multiple "pings" at 2:59-ish and each time everyone around yelled "too early!".

It sucks, but 3:00 am is 3:00 am. You can try to argue it with Uber, but they are 100% right to not pay. They paid out a LOT of cash in incentives, so I would be very surprised if they pay out money they don't have to.

I went online at 3:02 each morning......just be be safe and not have an issue similar to yours. Sure it took an extra couple minutes to get the 1st ping (especially on Monday) but I knew that the pings would not be early.

kojeislandincha

Anyone else have similar issues? I worked my butt off during EDC weekend to earn the incentives. The incentive clearly states that bonus is paid on rides TAKEN between 3-8 am. After the fiasco of getting to the lot on Friday (2 hours from Speedway exit to Zuber lot!) I made sure I got there early on Saturday night - wAited in lot until 3am and went online - and of course got a ride immediately. Text message to pax shows I sent space number at 3am. Uber is disqualifying this ride from being eligible as they say request came in at 2:58, and was accepted at 2:59:50 (i.e. 10 seconds before the incentive period officially began). Ride was TAKEN from 3:02 am till about 3:28 am which should have qualified. Uber support keeps sending back form responses. I am still fighting this, but have noticed a big drop off if requests this week. Uber claims that ride times take effect at request and not pickup or start, but I know we don't get paid until trip starts. Any suggestions on how to fight this? As a result of that one ride getting disqualified, I lost the $85 min ride guarantee plus the $500 7 ride bonus - or is Uber just trying to avoid paying?
These small cheating ways are how Uber steals from U. Lying,cheating Uber.