• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

CarAdvise

merryon2nd

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to actually NOT screw things up with this. lmao
Sounds like a nice deal to me. Just slightly concerning that I don't see a filter listed there. With oil in the motor for that long, the filter should be changed each time to avoid flow obstruction.
Still, 5QTs of premium syn at $10... Can't beat it!

Djlab9er

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, I wasn't expecting them to actually NOT screw things up with this. lmao
Sounds like a nice deal to me. Just slightly concerning that I don't see a filter listed there. With oil in the motor for that long, the filter should be changed each time to avoid flow obstruction.
Still, 5QTs of premium syn at $10... Can't beat it!
Oh I got a filter also. That wouldn't be much of a oil change without one haha, it was done at Firestone, I prefer local garages but it's one of the few that is in their network.

Screenshot_2018-11-05-20-33-45.png

merryon2nd

Oh I got a filter also. That wouldn't be much of a oil change without one haha, it was done at Firestone, I prefer local garages but it's one of the few that is in their network.
Ahh, good! I was hoping you would say that. If it gets you deals like that, complete like that, its a heck of a deal!
Just a concern because some places do not include a filter unless you specify that you want it changed. And still others charge additional for oil AND a filter.

Christinebitg

Wow I just paid $60 for my full synthetic oil change. Stupid VWs :frown:
I've started doing my own again. $25 for the oil plus another $5 for the filter. Spent about $15 for tools the first time.

And available 24/7, unless the weather sucks.

I should probably start getting rid of the used oil, though, before my dear Significant Other starts to b****.

Christine

Danny3xd

I've started doing my own again. $25 for the oil plus another $5 for the filter. Spent about $15 for tools the first time.

And available 24/7, unless the weather sucks.

I should probably start getting rid of the used oil, though, before my dear Significant Other starts to b****.

Christine
Yes! And get good tools including a floorjack and stands. (safety first!) and it's 10 15 minutes!

I just showed Carol how to do hers. Now she looks forward to the light coming on. LoL

Easy, cheaper and kinda fun. If worried (for others) that you can't do it DYI. Just watch some vids online. By the 3rd one, you'll be yelling that they are doing something the hard way, LoL.

Christinebitg

And get good tools including a floorjack and stands. (safety first!) and it's 10 15 minutes!
I'm skinny and drive an SUV, so I just lay down and slide under there. (That's always a useful skill. Haha!)

Oh! I forgot to include the cost of the drip pan. I already had that, though.

And make darned sure you don't over tighten the drain plug putting it back in.

I may ask Santa for a set of ramps for Christmas.

Danny3xd

Harbor Fright has a great set, cheap Christine. They look flimsy but are awesome. My Prius is like 4" off the ground and they are a must have.

But cheap and perfect angle. And they come apart which has come in oddly handy for other stuff. And storage. Their chocks are like 4 bucks, too.

Danny3xd

"I'm skinny and drive an SUV, so I just lay down and slide under there. (That's always a useful skill. Haha!)"

I cracked up at your first line. And can do car repairs!?! total package!!!!
LOL

Yeah I got it done at Walmart and it included the air filter. I just wish I could get a $20 oil change still.
I bet, RoRo. But car will live a much better life with good oil. Really makes a difference with longevity.

..and admire that you knew to use the better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Advice 2
Uguy22 Chicago 0
Schmanthony Advice 11