1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

CarAdvise

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Djlab9er, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Djlab9er

Djlab9er

Has anyone else signed up for the new car fleet maintenance program through CarAdvise for Uber. I just had my oil changed(full synthetic) and it only cost me 10$.

jgiun1, tohunt4me and Danny3xd like this.
  2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Including new oil filter? Post the receipt.

Immoralized, jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  3. merryon2nd

merryon2nd

Driving:
    UberXL
    Not the receipt. I wanna see the full work order.

Correction: Receipt if receipt IS the work order. Both if the work order and receipt are separate.

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Djlab9er

Djlab9er

Screenshot_2018-11-05-17-38-52.png Screenshot_2018-11-05-17-38-38.png

This was a special that was running Friday, if you signed up and scheduled an oil change that day , and had it done within 30 days then it was guaranteed only 10$.

5. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Great price. Can't be beat.

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  6. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Very cool! Score, DJ!

And thanks for taking the time to post.

jgiun1, Djlab9er and tohunt4me like this.
  7. merryon2nd

merryon2nd

Driving:
    UberXL
    Wow, I wasn't expecting them to actually NOT screw things up with this. lmao
    Sounds like a nice deal to me. Just slightly concerning that I don't see a filter listed there. With oil in the motor for that long, the filter should be changed each time to avoid flow obstruction.
    Still, 5QTs of premium syn at $10... Can't beat it!

jgiun1, Danny3xd and tohunt4me like this.
  8. Djlab9er

Djlab9er

Oh I got a filter also. That wouldn't be much of a oil change without one haha, it was done at Firestone, I prefer local garages but it's one of the few that is in their network.

Screenshot_2018-11-05-20-33-45.png

jgiun1, Christinebitg and tohunt4me like this.
  9. merryon2nd

merryon2nd

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ahh, good! I was hoping you would say that. If it gets you deals like that, complete like that, its a heck of a deal!
    Just a concern because some places do not include a filter unless you specify that you want it changed. And still others charge additional for oil AND a filter.

jgiun1, Djlab9er and tohunt4me like this.
  10. 4.2 quarts ?
    The pump it out of bulk barrels.
    You check the Level ?

jgiun1 and Danny3xd like this.
  11. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

That's an important caveat! Hate letting others change my oil but for this$ gonna learn to relax. (and check level around the bock, lol.)

tohunt4me and jgiun1 like this.
  12. Wow I just paid $60 for my full synthetic oil change. Stupid VWs :(

tohunt4me, jgiun1 and Danny3xd like this.
  13. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I've started doing my own again. $25 for the oil plus another $5 for the filter. Spent about $15 for tools the first time.

And available 24/7, unless the weather sucks.

I should probably start getting rid of the used oil, though, before my dear Significant Other starts to b****.

Christine

14. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

That's cheap for full synthetic, RoRo

jgiun1, BikingBob, Zap and 1 other person like this.
  15. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I think it is too.

I used to go to Mr. Car Wash. It was about $75, but they'd thrown in a car wash and vacuum too. Which I certainly benefitted from.

Christine

jgiun1 and Zap like this.
  16. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Yes! And get good tools including a floorjack and stands. (safety first!) and it's 10 15 minutes!

I just showed Carol how to do hers. Now she looks forward to the light coming on. LoL

Easy, cheaper and kinda fun. If worried (for others) that you can't do it DYI. Just watch some vids online. By the 3rd one, you'll be yelling that they are doing something the hard way, LoL.

jgiun1 and Christinebitg like this.
  17. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm skinny and drive an SUV, so I just lay down and slide under there. (That's always a useful skill. Haha!)

Oh! I forgot to include the cost of the drip pan. I already had that, though.

And make darned sure you don't over tighten the drain plug putting it back in.

I may ask Santa for a set of ramps for Christmas.

jgiun1, AzAppDriver and Danny3xd like this.
  18. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Harbor Fright has a great set, cheap Christine. They look flimsy but are awesome. My Prius is like 4" off the ground and they are a must have.

But cheap and perfect angle. And they come apart which has come in oddly handy for other stuff. And storage. Their chocks are like 4 bucks, too.

jgiun1 and Christinebitg like this.
  19. Yeah I got it done at Walmart and it included the air filter. I just wish I could get a $20 oil change still.

jgiun1, BikingBob and Danny3xd like this.
  20. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

"I'm skinny and drive an SUV, so I just lay down and slide under there. (That's always a useful skill. Haha!)"

I cracked up at your first line. And can do car repairs!?! total package!!!!
    LOL

I bet, RoRo. But car will live a much better life with good oil. Really makes a difference with longevity.

..and admire that you knew to use the better.

jgiun1, Christinebitg and RoWode12 like this.