Uber Drivers Forum banner

Car washes and maintenance

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RDUber 
#1 ·
Where does everyone get their cars cleaned? Anywhere that has unlimited car washes? What about oil changes and general car maintenance? Share your thoughts please .

#3 ·
When I used to drive full-time, I got a membership at Carolina auto spa in Cary. It was $30/month and you get a 40% discount if you are an Uber driver which brought it to $18/month with unlimited washes. for oil change, I go to Mr.Tire $20 with tire rotation as well.

#4 ·
I mostly drive after dark so I don't have to keep my car as clean. I spent a bunch of money keeping it tidy when I started but don't care anymore, its just not worth it. I spend $1 in quarters to vacuum it out every now and then.

I do all my own maintenance on the car.

#5 ·
I use Speedy McClean on MLK in Durham. Subscriptions are $25-45. Use the $35 myself; includes wax and sidewall polish. Great vacuums and provides drying/cleaning towels. Also has floor-mat cleaning station. Open 8-8 daily.

BTW, this is not an ad for them, this is what I use at least twice a week.

#7 ·
I hear that. It has to be pretty dirty before I'll bother. I will also just do a quick spray the car off to extend time between washes but it's unlikely I'll wash the car more than every other week. I just don't care enough. The margins are to the point that I'm not going to do any bit more than I have to since Uber sees no need to raise fares for drivers (they've taken care of themselves with flat rate pricing).

#12 ·
Oil Changes: NTB (Was Merchant's Tire). They usually have a coupon online for a $20 oil change + tire rotation. Beware: they will usually try to upsell you on some BS, then send you a coupon for it in the mail shortly after your visit.

Car Wash: Autorific on Hillsborough Rd. in Durham has a club, $29.99/mo or $39.99/mo. Details at their website: http://autorific.net/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.