Car Warranty Help

DK15

Hi guys,

I know that driving for Uber voids warranties. I drove this car for a year before Ubering. I have a few small repairs needed covered under warranty, along with some updates, and still fall under the warranty. Is it worth bringing my car to the Hyundai dealer? I'm thinking about removing signage before doing so. Anyone with similar experience?

UberTrucker

Of course you want to remove signage. Don't you remove them when your off the clock? When I drove I would put a small penny size piece of tape at bottom and top and remove when I was done. I didn't need ppl feeling sorry for me especially since I only did it when my mother in law would come over. :biggrin:

GlenviewKid

Take it to the dealer and get it repaired under warranty. If they ask about Uber, laugh and say no your wife/sister/companion will drive you home while its repaired but thanks for offering me an Uber. There is nothing that they have that says you used your car for Uber unless you told them so. So tell them otherwise and let the stealership steal from someone else.

cola363

Hi guys,

I know that driving for Uber voids warranties. I drove this car for a year before Ubering. I have a few small repairs needed covered under warranty, along with some updates, and still fall under the warranty. Is it worth bringing my car to the Hyundai dealer? I'm thinking about removing signage before doing so. Anyone with similar experience?
People leasing their cars from Xchange (Uber lease cars) have been known to have warranty repair done at their respective dealership with no problems.

Shea F. Kenny

Warranties vary. What does your warranty say? Factory warranties have to comply with a mileage standard. Leasing companies might have mileage restrictions on the car, but they can't have any say about what's factory coverage and what isn't. Private warranty companies can exclude anything they want. But if a dealer is telling you their dealership doesn't cover TNP, tell them it's not their warranty, it's the factory's warranty. The factory will reimburse them their contracted parts and labor. Or, take it to a different dealer. I have uber all over the place on my car. Never had a problem with a warranty claim.

Mom2TJ

My Nissan Dealership honored warranty & recall work with the Lyft & Via signage on the windows. The Head of Sales even gave me a stack of cards to pass out to other Ride Share Drivers.

mkxr

They are required to do recall work, no matter what you use the car for, or how many miles it has.
Warranty work could be a different issue, but if you put on miles on your car quickly doing rideshare, then too warranty will run out faster, but until it does it makes no sense that any issues wouldn't be covered.

Mr Ocasio

When your vehicle gets registered with the City of Chicago as a TNP it will go on the car fax. I know this for a fact past on a vehicle when then car fax stated the date the vehicle was register as a TNP in the City of Chicago and in Wasbington DC 2 years earlier.