Car Stopped Working, and Only $150 in my account. Anyone know how I can get a rental and keep going without credit cards?

AntDriver

Like the title says, I'm just about out of luck. If anyone has any good suggestions I'll gladly take them.

Victorvnv

Do as I did- sell the car in CL then use the money as downpayment for a new car. You can get a brand new Nisan Versa for like 12-13k or used one with low miles for like 10k

eazycc

Maven is limited availability and can be expensive if it's the Bolt (Although the Bolt is worth renting if it works for you). I could PM you a code that would give you a week for free, or at least substantially discount a week.

Reasons why the Bolt is worth renting:
Peak FasTrak is reduced to $3 during peak hours instead of 7
Free charging with the rental
Free carpool lane access
You likely blow through the same money in gas alone for your current car.

Personally once my hiring is finalized I'd likely buy a Bolt. I love the car lol

Jaredgeorge29

Like the title says, I'm just about out of luck. If anyone has any good suggestions I'll gladly take them.

Hertz rental in Bryant. No cc just debit. 200 deposit 240 a week. You get the money back in 3 days and once 4 weeks is up you pay 960 total. Each week they put 240 hold for 3 days

Robert Larrison

... and you'll have $75 left in the bank, or I could add an electric assist for the balance
Screenshot_20190214-180702.png

AntDriver

Maven is limited availability and can be expensive if it's the Bolt (Although the Bolt is worth renting if it works for you). I could PM you a code that would give you a week for free, or at least substantially discount a week.

Reasons why the Bolt is worth renting:
Peak FasTrak is reduced to $3 during peak hours instead of 7
Free charging with the rental
Free carpool lane access
You likely blow through the same money in gas alone for your current car.

Personally once my hiring is finalized I'd likely buy a Bolt. I love the car lol
If you could pm the code I would really appreciate it, thank you!

KnowFear415

Sorry to hear you're out of luck. I can offer a few tips that are very realistic and you can do immediately.
A. Go to Backpage/Craigslist and post ad offering "services" to cougars as their personal boy toy (this would be my preferable option), but if you wanted to stick with the rideshare idea then here's what I would do ...

1) Rent a Scoot scooter, they are offered at affordable hourly rates.
2) Do uber eats (& door dash) & be all you can be delivering orders all day including peak hours in financial district.
3) Save all your earnings & tips. Only eat the $3.49 combo meal @ burger king (remember we are trying to save money not a time to enjoy yet). $3.49 includes 2 burgers/fries/drink Be happy, remember no time to enjoy yet.
4) Deliver from 6am-6pm everyday in ATTACK BEAST MODE !!! (I mean, lane splitting the Scooter wearing the big backpack & everything).
5) Keep focused, keep your eye on the prize, and remind yourself that you are on your journey in life & this is not your destination.
6) Repeat process for 30 days straight. Keep stacking your chips. Remember no time to enjoy yet.

All the aforementioned is really what I would recommend not being sarcastic. I think this would help you get on your feet, get your car fixed, and with little impact to your $150 saved. Hope this helps.

Ps. If you hit all your quest and incentives, then you're allowed one "massage" at month end for all your hard work. But you only deserve if you hit all your bonuses. Cheers

Last edited:

warsaw

What’s your background in terms of education or skills? Can you do other jobs, besides driving?

Head over to amazon fulfillment center or whole foods and see if you’re qualified for a job, which could be a stopgap measure with decent money flow for now.

Driving is easy, but it’s not what it is cracked up to be!

eazycc

If you're good at talking you should consider doing sales. You can start with car sales, they're willing to try people and money can be decent or good. Do good and you could move on to selling better stuff, which nets you more money with less time at work

Some car dealers clear 6 figures, and generally there's a floor on what you make unlike Uber, and sales skills are directly transfer to higher end jobs. If you have a 4.9 ( this shows that you can talk to people well) you should seriously consider it.

eazycc

Get a job at Walmart or McDonald’s. Indentured servitude to rental contract is the wrong way to go. Save up and get a $3k car if you want to drive again.
Rental has its role if done right. If you're looking to exit Uber soon a rental is a good temp stopgap.

KnowFear415

He has no time to wait for this and that. It takes time to get a job and time until the first payday. Sometimes time is not on our side. I suggest you listen to tips that I listed above for you earlier. You will get paid today. Screw what other people say that won't feed your stomach today. My plan will line your pockets today with no excuses if you're willing to act.

The Christian driver

Do you have credit cards? What's the point of having if you are too stingy to use for emergencies.. those car rentals are RIP off worse than interest you would pay on credit cards