• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Car Sharing in Chicago. Make a lot of money doing little to nothing!

mikey2246

Check out my Car Sharing Video update below. RelayRides vs Getaround! This is making me a lot of money :smiles: You should check this video out. If you have any questions let me know.

mikey2246

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry. I cannot @@@@@ my car around for $8.50 per hour.
$8.50 an hour for almost doing anything is a lot of money! How much do you make per hour driving uber? Remember you also use your time and what is that worth? This allows the car to pay itself off in 6 months or less :smiles:

If you spend $5000 on a car and you rent it out for 6 months and make $5000. Then you could just sale the car for $4000. $1000 less than what you paid for it. Given you suck at buying and selling :smiles:. After all that you make easy $4000 per car in 6 months.

Do this with 10 cars and that is $80,000 a year. 20 cars it's $160,000 a year! Who makes that driving uber?

Last edited:

Chicago-uber

$8.50 an hour for almost doing anything is a lot of money! How much do you make per hour driving uber? Remember you also use your time and what is that worth? This allows the car to pay itself off in 6 months or less :smiles:

If you spend $5000 on a car and you rent it out for 6 months and make $5000. Then you could just sale the car for $4000. $1000 less than what you paid for it. Given you suck at buying and selling :smiles:. After all that you make easy $4000 per car in 6 months.

Do this with 10 cars and that is $80,000 a year. 20 cars if $160,000 a year! Who makes that driving uber?
I'll look into it later. Btw, my car is worth around 20k. So I'll need more than $8.50.

In a month or two I will get a chauffeur license and switch over to uber black. and probably will lease the car in the beginning before I buy a car specifically for uber black. So my current car will just sit around..

If I had a car that's worth 5k, then get around is a good idea.

mikey2246

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if it is a really nice car then you could price it up to $25.00 per hour! If the demand is there then people will rent it at that rate. Again, the awesome thing about these P2P sites is that you control the rate at which your car is rented at. Just like Airbnb :smiles:. Unlike uber that has the same base rate for all drives.

Oh My

Well if it is a really nice car then you could price it up to $25.00 per hour! If the demand is there then people will rent it at that rate. Again, the awesome thing about these P2P sites is that you control the rate at which your car is rented at. Just like Airbnb :smiles:. Unlike uber that has the same base rate for all drives.
Every single car on the streets in a 3 block radius of my home were plastered with advertising for this newest BS scam. If I caught them touching my car I would have broke their arm. Usually they're pulling on handles and hoping for unlocked doors at the same time.

And insurance matters aside, wait until any lienholders get a whiff of this too. So yeah, you better take advantage of earning that $15,000 real quick so you can pay off the loan.

Chicago-uber

Baaaad idea.

I tried to create an account to see what's up with it?

First I need to create an account using Facebook. I never had and I never will have a Facebook account.
40% commission ... Wtf?
They will install a digital key and you have to keep your keys in the car.... No @@@@ing way I will let anyone mess with my car electronics. And leave my keys in the car? Lol
Insurance issues.. Sure they provide one, but how good is their insurance? And what about the mysterious dents/scratches? Was it 9-11am or 1-3pm renter? Or maybe someone hit my car between the renters..
Red lights/speed camera, parking tickets.
I sure hope they put the gas or maybe even correct type of gas in my car..
Mileage limits?
Mess in the car.

And all of this for let's say $10 per hour.. Oh wait.. Minus the 40% commission... So it's $6 per hour. Not worth it.

Oh My

Baaaad idea.

I tried to create an account to see what's up with it?

First I need to create an account using Facebook. I never had and I never will have a Facebook account.
40% commission ... Wtf?
They will install a digital key and you have to keep your keys in the car.... No @@@@ing way I will let anyone mess with my car electronics. And leave my keys in the car? Lol
Insurance issues.. Sure they provide one, but how good is their insurance? And what about the mysterious dents/scratches? Was it 9-11am or 1-3pm renter? Or maybe someone hit my car between the renters..
Red lights/speed camera, parking tickets.
I sure hope they put the gas or maybe even correct type of gas in my car..
Mileage limits?
Mess in the car.

And all of this for let's say $10 per hour.. Oh wait.. Minus the 40% commission... So it's $6 per hour. Not worth it.
We already know how they'll F up your car as an Uber rider. Imagine if you're not present. They already stuff Fiber One bar wrappers under the seat I'm sitting on and would have no problem putting a baby diaper or mini-pad under there either. In Chicago, 80% of the demographic/target market that would use this service is a 20-something from Chatahootchie, Iowa that never drove in a city before or a "hipster" that couldn't afford a car or a skateboard.

And, yeah, the red light tickets. Is this a reimbursement type plan once they arrive in the mail because they double in 21 days.

I've already had many Uber/Lyft riders try to use my small SUV as a moving service. My car would be used as a $6/hour U-haul truck or to haul manure to the local "community garden". Or being that it's Chicago.....casualties.

There's already ZipCar, iGo, Enterprise and Hertz car sharing services. Are these newer companies for people that had bad accounts with the former?

Yeah, and leave your keys in your car. I'm sure you have to have a big sticker on your window to identify it for the dumb users that don't know a black Civic from a black Prius.

I'm sure they'll be very careful over the speedbumps, pot holes, tore up roads and construction sites/debris here too.

Parking is real tight here but they'll fit it in that spot. Don't underestimate them!

The list is endless.....

Last edited:

leroy jenkins

[QUOTE="

I'm sure they'll be very careful over the speedbumps, pot holes, tore up roads and construction sites/debris here too.

Parking is real tight here but they'll fit it in that spot. Don't underestimate them!

The list is endless.....[/QUOTE]

someone please f***** shoot (well, not literally, just financially) the venture capitalists that funded this company. $8.50/hr? "mikey" apparently doesn't know the costs of maintaining---at a high quality---a car in the city.

William1964

Solid idea. Something great things came about along the same lines. Pizzas being delivered out of a garage. Computer built in a garage. Get other car owners to sign up and take 10% for yourself.

The closest I came to an original idea was a wall calendar. The strongest idea was a blackjack card counting system.

Basically a deck of card with a few extra instruction cards.

1. Basic hit/stand strategy card.
2. Hi/Lo counting instruction card.
3. True count instruction card.
4. Betting systems cards.

William1964

I'm there more than most people. It's the truth.
I've really seen real tangible things, that,

A. Do not happen in America, happen in America.
B. Things, provable things, with the thing in my hand, that do not exist. Really.

Everything starts in the imagination. Some have better ones than others.

I have an awesome imagination, positive disposition, and an overall well mannered appearance.