Car seats laws

Subjugator

What's the deal with this car seat laws. Is it like not required in every state? Why do we get riders from new york thinking it's ok not to bring a .car seat and saying it's ok drivers are cool with it.

U phoria

What's the deal with this car seat laws. Is it like not required in every state? Why do we get riders from new york thinking it's ok not to bring a .car seat and saying it's ok drivers are cool with it.
I’m sure car seat laws are about the same in NYC as they are here , people don’t want to lug them around

8/10 uber drivers will take kids without car seats probably even infants, it’s a constant problem on XL especially in the Disneyland area

Funny thing is the shuttle companies are requiring car seats now so these low life parents order an uber.

Subjugator

I wonder how long it took for the girl and and her mother to get another driver to take them to hotel without having carseat for the baby. I told them off, I mentioned if it's ok that their baby gets thrown out the window. They told me it's ok all drivers do it in new york without one. Then asked if she should walk to hotel.

Carbuncle

NEVER take the risk.

I guarantee you will be held liable if anything happens to the kid.

New York laws are definitely different. You aren’t required to wear seat belts in the back seat. You’d think they’d have changed that law after John Nash (A Beautiful Mind; Russel Crowe played Nash) and his wife were killed on the Jersey Turnpike because they didn’t have their belts fastened.

I always inform riders that CA is the opposite of NY when it comes to enforcement of laws related to transportation.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
It's vile and sad that LYFT/UBER cannot come up with some sort of workable solution to this issue. Sternly worded emails are not going to do much for most PAX. Surely if any of these pax get 2-3 warnings from different drivers, they should be deactivated from the platform. The Drivers should get warnings too.

I find it crazy how BY THE LETTER both UBER and LYFT are with SERVICE ANIMALS, and yet, with babies and toddlers, well, come what may...

TobiasBruckner

It's vile and sad that LYFT/UBER cannot come up with some sort of workable solution to this issue. Sternly worded emails are not going to do much for most PAX. Surely if any of these pax get 2-3 warnings from different drivers, they should be deactivated from the platform. The Drivers should get warnings too.

I find it crazy how BY THE LETTER both UBER and LYFT are with SERVICE ANIMALS, and yet, with babies and toddlers, well, come what may...

Same with unaccompanied minors. I’m tired of getting to a location, and it’s a kid. Uber is uptight about service animals, but don’t give a [email protected]!k about kids.

mghtyred

Same with unaccompanied minors. I’m tired of getting to a location, and it’s a kid. Uber is uptight about service animals, but don’t give a [email protected]!k about kids.

Both Fuber and Lyft can implement technology to age verify account holders but don't. Yet they do it for their scooters. You can't ride a Jump or Lyft scooter without scanning in your drivers license. Bottom line is they JDGAF and want the $$$ that comes in from unaccompanied minors.

TobiasBruckner

Both Fuber and Lyft can implement technology to age verify account holders but don't. Yet they do it for their scooters. You can't ride a Jump or Lyft scooter without scanning in your drivers license. Bottom line is they JDGAF and want the $$$ that comes in from unaccompanied minors.

Yep. Why do I have to submit to facial verification when I turn on the app while I’m on the freeway, so I’ll have to exit, when they can’t do the same for riders, instead letting kids under 18 sign up for accounts, and allowing riders to put fake names with emojis in their accounts? Makes zero sense, from a safety perspective. It’s all about them wanting to up the number of riders using the platform. I was thinking it would take a tragedy to make them change, but there have been minors raped by drivers, and at least one minor that killed a driver, so ??‍♂️

somedriverguy

That's the difference between THEIR scooter and YOUR car. They don't care if YOUR car gets impounded because of THEIR incompetence.

Demon

I’m sure car seat laws are about the same in NYC as they are here , people don’t want to lug them around

8/10 uber drivers will take kids without car seats probably even infants, it’s a constant problem on XL especially in the Disneyland area

Funny thing is the shuttle companies are requiring car seats now so these low life parents order an uber.
Easy for drivers to keep a car seat or two in their trunk.

somedriverguy

You have to register with the state and pass background checks and keep a safety certificate and shit tonnes of insurance in order to supply child car seats to someone else.

If they are your own kids the state doesnt give a shit if you know how to use them or not.

SMOTY

Not that easy bud when folks have plenty of luggage and use every seat or both. Easiest thing is bring your own seat. If I get 4-5 even 6 passengers plus luggage on Xl I know the seat would make it impossible. But if you want to help us all out you can bring your car seat and I’ll send the customers right over to you!

New-Member

5956E8FE-10C2-405A-89B9-4B97537829C0.jpeg

5A035ADD-461A-4D20-B5ED-DB9133BD609D.jpeg

Chocoholic

All true. But what about the missing part?

I've seen a law that stated that the driver is NOT responsible when the parent or guardian are present. In that case, it's the parent that gets the ticket, not the driver.

Recently, someone said that a new law was passed that specifically said that rideshare drivers would be responsible, but I asked for some evidence or a reference and none was provided.

However, looking at VEH 27360 (c), it clearly says this:
(c) This section does not apply to a driver if the parent or legal guardian of the child is a passenger in the motor vehicle.

So, assuming that the state's official site with the current laws is up to date, I'm sticking with the assumption that it's on the parent and not the driver.

Last edited:

New-Member

All true. But what about the missing part?

I've seen a law that stated that the driver is NOT responsible when the parent or guardian are present. In that case, it's the parent that gets the ticket, not the driver.

Recently, someone said that a new law was passed that specifically said that rideshare drivers would be responsible, but I asked for some evidence or a reference and none was provided. So, I'm still not sure what the current law is for drivers.
The U/L driver will always get shafted. Not much point getting tricky about it, just Cancel pax that don’t meet the basic law.

Demon

Not that easy bud when folks have plenty of luggage and use every seat or both. Easiest thing is bring your own seat. If I get 4-5 even 6 passengers plus luggage on Xl I know the seat would make it impossible. But if you want to help us all out you can bring your car seat and I’ll send the customers right over to you!
So if it's your choice not to have a car seat on hand, why are drivers complaining?
Post automatically merged:

You have to register with the state and pass background checks and keep a safety certificate and shit tonnes of insurance in order to supply child car seats to someone else.

If they are your own kids the state doesnt give a shit if you know how to use them or not.
Then drivers should do that.

Last edited:

SMOTY

So if it's your choice not to have a car seat on hand, why are drivers complaining?
Post automatically merged:

Then drivers should do that.
I think their complaints and my complaint would be is bring a car seat (which 50% of smart people do) if you want me to give you a ride and don’t put it on me to have to deny you the ride. Trust me most people don’t drive around in their own vehicles and not put their kids in car seats. For some reason it’s ok for us to do that for them. But you suggested it’s easy for us to just carry one I’m saying you can do that I sure as h won’t hahaha and I said why atleast for me it would be a waste of space since I can go without days of someone trying to come in the car with kids and no seat....