Car Seat law

UberRose

I just want to clarify the child car seat law in New York. So far what I am following is ....Any child below the age of 8 years should be in a car seat. Is that right? Or is it below 16 yrs?...How do you expect to put a 15 year old in a car seat??!!!

Believe33

I just want to clarify the child car seat law in New York. So far what I am following is ....Any child below the age of 8 years should be in a car seat. Is that right? Or is it below 16 yrs?...How do you expect to put a 15 year old in a car seat??!!!
California I believe it's 4 feet and under.

Tim In Cleveland

You're shielded in New York. Taxis are exempt from child seat laws.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/faq/faq_pass.shtml#9

Drivers of yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles and their passengers, are exempt from laws regarding car seats and seatbelts. Keep in mind, the TLC encourages everyone in the vehicle to buckle their seatbelts while riding in a cab. There are no Taxi and Limousine Commission rules regarding this, as it is a State exemption. Passengers with children are encouraged to bring their own car seats, which the drivers must allow passengers to install.
*NOTE - Children under the age of seven are permitted to sit on an adult's lap.

However, it's completely different in New Jersey so if you cross the state line, feel free to cancel any ride where the parent doesn't have the proper seats.