Car seat cancel ride GONE

racer26

I had a ride on Uber last night, I arrived to the pickup, pax comes out with child that obviously needs booster seat. I refuse the ride and cancel, give no seat as the reason, and the ride is straight up gone out of my ride history.

Spent 20 minutes on the phone with Uber talking to a brick wall that regurgitates the same script about there being some kind of 'delay' in the system preventing the ride from appearing on his end or mine, but that I should definitely get a cancel fee for it and I should call back later.

I understand why they don't automatically give cancel fee for no car seat as the reason (drivers would just cancel on pax without even waiting for them), but I should not have to spend 20 minutes on the phone arguing with you.

I asked him over and over again what happens when the ride inevitably doesn't show up in my history 'later' because I will have forgotten about it, and never get paid, or even if I do call back 'later' and its not there, how will it be resolved, and of course got no answer.

Crap like this is exactly why drivers defraud the system and just wait out the timer and cancel noshow instead of the real reason, because then they only waste 5 minutes to get paid instead of 25+.

ryan137

Crap like this is exactly why drivers defraud the system and just wait out the timer and cancel noshow instead of the real reason, because then they only waste 5 minutes to get paid instead of 25+.
I mean, it's always been this way. It's crappy but it's nothing new. I don't know why anyone feels the need to call support ever. At least with e-mail support your time is only wasted in small portions. I've never spent 25 minutes in e-mail back and forth to get a problem resolved (or ultimately not resolved, as often happens). 4 - 5 minutes of my time max. You're no more likely to get a helpful response over the phone so why waste more of your own time?

Hey

I got nothing for turning down a PAX with a child. Worst thing? After explaining to them that it is illegal, they proceeded to order again and guess who got matched with them? Me.

Called Uber and the helpless Duarte run country folks couldn’t figure out their heads from their a****.

Long story short, didn’t get the $5 and they still allowed the PAX to continue ordering (and some knucklehead picked them up I know that for sure) and all they did was blacklist the person from being paired with me again.

#idiotsofuber #noconcernforlaws

citytypeofguy

In 3 years full time uber, I’ve Never had this cancel option!! Lol wtf

Who cares. I’m clicking rider no show to make sure I get my cancel fee LOL

Uber doesn’t give a $hit about someone not having a car seat just like the parents doesn’t care! Cancel fee and move along lol

racer26

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean, it's always been this way. It's crappy but it's nothing new. I don't know why anyone feels the need to call support ever. At least with e-mail support your time is only wasted in small portions. I've never spent 25 minutes in e-mail back and forth to get a problem resolved (or ultimately not resolved, as often happens). 4 - 5 minutes of my time max. You're no more likely to get a helpful response over the phone so why waste more of your own time?
The problem with the text message support in-app is the "my ride is missing from my history" option requires you to select a ride from your history in order to submit the complaint.

I'm still fighting for this $4.40 now. It's a matter of principle at this point.

racer26

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For what it's worth - Lyft's phone support team is *far* more useful and has a much better comprehension of the English language.

Uber's is like talking to a robot even when you're talking to a human. "Is it ok if I put you on hold for 2 more minutes?"

Regurgitating the same script over and over when it's not helpful to the conversation. I understood you the first 6 times you said that. That's not the answer to my problem and you saying it again just shows how little you're listening to me.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
For what it's worth - Lyft's phone support team is *far* more useful and has a much better comprehension of the English language.
Lately though, LYFT's PHONE SUPPORT has been given marching orders from HQ to not bonus out the 'quirks' of the system. It's annoying. I'd rather not have to SHUFFLE parents with no car seat and toddlers, but since Phone Support is in a major STONEWALLING phase, that is what has to be done.

UberAdrian

After you time them out with the 5 minutes can you then select no car seat or whatever the real reason is and collect the cancel fee or do you always have to choose no show to get auto paid? Cuz calling them definitely takes longer than 5m. If I have to call, will definitely call with pax around. “Oh no car seat? Whatever will I do! Let’s call support together and waste loads of time”.

instalyfuberfy

I always put "no show" after 5 mins for no car seat, but send in-app message about that, just in case.
Today Lyft responded to me with copy-pasted answer that they should have send to the rider, not me:

"I'm following up on a report that we received from one of your recent drivers. The report alleges that you were attempting to transport a small child without the necessary child seat.

Should you be traveling with a child or infant, it's the passenger's responsibility to provide a car seat in accordance with local traffic laws.
In the future, provide a car seat for any children you travel with when required by law. Please know that your continued use of the Lyft platform indicates your understanding and acceptance of our safety policies."

Bunch of idiots who don't even pretend to care.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I always put "no show" after 5 mins for no car seat, but send in-app message about that, just in case.
Today Lyft responded to me with copy-pasted answer that they should have send to the rider, not me:

"I'm following up on a report that we received from one of your recent drivers. The report alleges that you were attempting to transport a small child without the necessary child seat.

Should you be traveling with a child or infant, it's the passenger's responsibility to provide a car seat in accordance with local traffic laws.
In the future, provide a car seat for any children you travel with when required by law. Please know that your continued use of the Lyft platform indicates your understanding and acceptance of our safety policies."

Bunch of idiots who don't even pretend to care.
I really want LYFT to give riders who get cited by drivers a 1 Hour Time Out from the Platform. Mainly to prevent them from Hailing a new driver who will (odd are) take them illegally without a car seat. After one or two lock-outs of PAX, they will either switch to Uber (who should also adpot this policy) or Cabs (who should NOT be given an exemption, because it is irrelevant to the childs SAFETY!). Mainly, I would like parents to simply buy and bring a damn car or booster seat.

I had a woman and young child the other day who HAD a booster, but she didn't want to bring it with her, because it was cumbersome to lug around the mall. What the hell people? You're child's safety is less important than your shopping-convenience?? I told her that she wasn't getting into my car unless she fetched her the booster seat for her child.

She gave me the, "Other drivers have taken me," line

I always respond: "The other drivers who are breaking the law and endangering your child for $6 in revenue."