• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Car Rental for Uber/Lyft

wenzz

Hi. I'd like to ask if anyone in this forum has an information regarding car rental that I can rent for Uber/Lyft in Toronto?

I will use this method initially just to make sure I can be accepted as Uber/Lyft driver before my final decision to have my own vehicle..

Thank you in advance for your help.

donny donowitz

Hi. I'd like to ask if anyone in this forum has an information regarding car rental that I can rent for Uber/Lyft in Toronto?

I will use this method initially just to make sure I can be accepted as Uber/Lyft driver before my final decision to have my own vehicle..

Are you for real?

Judgeetox

To answer your question, it’s not viable to rent a vehicle for Uber. Those who own their vehicles outright are struggling to make a profit with rideshare.

hemayur

Y do you think you wont be accepted as Uber/Lyft??

wenzz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To answer your question, it’s not viable to rent a vehicle for Uber. Those who own their vehicles outright are struggling to make a profit with rideshare.
I see... Because I read some articles that in the U.S there are many companies whom offer long-term car rental for people to drive Uber.

Beside that, I'd want to make sure that I can get Uber/Lyft licence before I really go into it with my own car. Buying a car is a must if I want to make long term commitment, but how if I get it now and I'm not approved... :frown:
Post automatically merged:

Y do you think you wont be accepted as Uber/Lyft??
IDK. I thought that Uber/Lyft will do some screening before issuing licence to the applicant?

You mean long term rental for Uber?
A minimum of 1-2 months before I get my own car...

Last edited:

wenzz

Disappointment Awaits you ...my son
LOL. I'm a newcomer to Canada and I want to make some money to support my study. With my limited budget, I have to use my money very carefully.

I hope that someone can help me by providing a very useful information and resources. Thank you.

Ahmado

LOL. I'm a newcomer to Canada and I want to make some money to support my study. With my limited budget, I have to use my money very carefully.

I hope that someone can help me by providing a very useful information and resources. Thank you.
You never know until you try
Income is vary
If you're an international student you need to wait a year before you get a work permit

wenzz

You never know until you try
Income is vary
If you're an international student you need to wait a year before you get a work permit
I already have my work permit, and I can work for up to 20 hours a week. I'm not sure whether 20 hours online or what and it's really really hard to get information from Google because most informations are US side.

And next month I will have a term break of 4 months therefore I have to work hard to gain my tuition back... :cryin:

Ahmado

I already have my work permit, and I can work for up to 20 hours a week. I'm not sure whether 20 hours online or what and it's really really hard to get information from Google because most informations are US side.

And next month I will have a term break of 4 months therefore I have to work hard to gain my tuition back... :cryin:
Work permit is enough to get online within two days with Uber
Lyft may take longer
Find a Mazda 3 or corolla
Consider it as investment
Your insurance could be high so you must work harder

WillC

Lyft may take longer
$400 insurance a month.

wenzz

That's prob. low for newbie driver. As he/she is under 25 likely insurance would be for high risk cohort. Probably looking at $600-700 /month.
I'm above 25 so no worries, and I have a driving experience for more than 3 years outside Canada. I heard that insurance might cost around 300 a month.

Lyft may take longer
Thank you for the input.

But back to my question, is there any way I can rent a car for a month before I purchase my own? Do u have any information regarding this?