Car Picture on Profile

Mr. Wakko

Have you guys noticed that the profile has a picture of your car? I don't know if this are old news, but I just noticed today.

Last edited:

Uber_5_star

Looks like you didn't go to account page in your uber app for very long time.....:cool:

Also edit your license plate info before you post in public forum. Never know what ppl are upto this days bro. Happy Ubering.

Last edited:

Mr. Wakko

Pls don't tell me that's your actual profile.
Yes, it is. I know, I'm cute. Lol.

Looks like you didn't go to account page in your uber app for very long time.....:cool:

Also edit your license plate info before you post in public forum. Never know what ppl are upto this days bro. Happy Ubering.
Every single day. But the picture just showed up today.

MattChance

You can set your car color too from this screen, which is nice.

But somehow I still have passengers getting confused, and asking me if I am their Uber when I pull up. Or worse, coming up to grab my door handle and then looking at my face to find out I am not their driver, instead of glancing down at the giant vehicle I am plodding around in.

Ahmeduber

I don't understand the point of this.. Why would you coverup or edit your license plate in pic?
Like what am I going to do with it? Drive around entire GTA looking for your car and pointing out oh look that's the car in pic?!! Or would I take the plates off and run away?!
Please explain

Uber_5_star

I don't understand the point of this.. Why would you coverup or edit your license plate in pic?
Like what am I going to do with it? Drive around entire GTA looking for your car and pointing out oh look that's the car in pic?!! Or would I take the plates off and run away?!
Please explain

If you service your car at any place where they store your license plate like crappy tire, dealership etc. whoever excess to those computer has access to those computer can access your name, address even sometimes personal info. So why take a chance my friend put your own info for free?

Not only that any hit and run case if someone put your posted license plate and car info than you will get stress for free.

It's was a friendly reminder to the thread poster and seems like everyone agreed to it, even poster put his pic down. So please keep your personal info safe....:smiles:

Uber_5_star

How do you guys change or add car pic in the profile. I can't seem to do it

It's not a real car picture it's the app decide a assumption look from your entered information of your vechile. My car is blue so pic shows blue if it was white the pic will show white.

It's just to give an idea to drunk pax or dumb pax that what they have to look for...:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_164826.png
    IMG_20170904_164826.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 77

Yam Digger

From help menu, Account and Payment>Updating vehicles and documents>Update my vehicle color.

After they process the request you should have the image.
Did as you said. Is the picture they use a stock picture or one that you provide?

Hameed

Please explain
Exactly what someone can do with plate number. Every day we see plate numbers on the road, do we harm them. Not criticizing anyone but just a point that we are very strange now a days. We all cry for privacy and stuff but at the same time we expose every facet of our life on Instagram, Facebook, snapchat and don't know what else.

Ahmeduber

If you service your car at any place where they store your license plate like crappy tire, dealership etc. whoever excess to those computer has access to those computer can access your name, address even sometimes personal info. So why take a chance my friend put your own info for free?

Not only that any hit and run case if someone put your posted license plate and car info than you will get stress for free.

It's was a friendly reminder to the thread poster and seems like everyone agreed to it, even poster put his pic down. So please keep your personal info safe....:smiles:
Ok let's assume worse case and yes they got my info so what?
Isn't your full name with phone number is disclosed to public in yellow book (at least back in days)? What happened? Did some one issue a credit card with your name? Did you get identity theft?
You are just paranoid over reacting person. Any one does this, should get his mental health checked I am serious. Its a medical sign that you should not ignore

Isn't your full name with phone number is disclosed to public in yellow book (at least back in days)?
Isnt your car exposed to any one in streets while driving? What happened? Did some one issue a credit card with your name? Did you get identity theft?
You are just paranoid over reacting person. Any one does this, should get his mental health checked I am serious. Its a medical sign that you should not ignore

Uber_5_star

Isn't your full name with phone number is disclosed to public in yellow book (at least back in days)? What happened? Did some one issue a credit card with your name? Did you get identity theft?

No Sir my phone number is not listed on 411. My Facebook is private. Never got identity theft, if I do I got insurance for it. I don't get scam calls or stuffs like that either on my personal line using since 2003 and I have a different phone account for Uber. I am proud to say if I search myself in Google only limited info shows up & without picture. So I am okay with my privacy and I like it that way. It's my choice.

I use to know a person who use to work in TD bank and sell customer private info for hundreds of dollars. Scammers are everywhere, I try my best to stay away from them. Since 2003 till now I never had to deal with scam and finger crossed for future. Good luck :smiles:

Last edited: