Car not moving on riders app - cancelled fares

Hi guys. So today I had five riders consequently cancel on me when I was within 1-2 mins away. I thought it was weird but figured I would get the cancellation money and just move on. It turns out my car was not moving on the rider app at all, so they thought I was still at the location I was when I requested the ride. Turned out to be a $0 hour. Send Uber a support ticket after every ride explaining but they sent me the same generic message about five minute cancellations and technical difficulties.."we're here for you".

Has anyone else had this happen to them? All of my location settings and phone settings were right.

Mulder99

Always check your GPS location is working correctly when starting your shift.

I always reboot my phone (Samsung Note 4) at start of shift and check that I'm moving in the driver app and rider app.

In the CBD the GPS can go strange due to the tall towers,so also check particularly if no pings are coming.

WollyDriver

Also consider that often pax will cancel for many reasons, eg, you are only 1 or 2 mins away, but they aren't ready yet... some will even keep booking and cancelling to make sure you (or someone) will be in the area when they are finally ready....

Also, personally, I've booked an uber through the pax app, and waited over 4 minutes and seen the driver still hadn't moved. I called and told him I was going to cancel, he said he was on the way. Instantly the car started moving and he showed up less than a minute later.... Equally, I've booked, seen the car not moving (assumed stuck in traffic this time), then it showed up in front of me while the map showed still 2 minutes away. Second case was CBD, so probably explains it more than any uber related technology issue.

Unfortunately, not much Uber or anyone can do to solve that problem... Usually the law of averages will work it out :smiles:

KiwiXman

Also consider that often pax will cancel for many reasons, eg, you are only 1 or 2 mins away, but they aren't ready yet... some will even keep booking and cancelling to make sure you (or someone) will be in the area when they are finally ready....
Three times same rider last nite lol...literally seconds away....so I moved lol