Car-mageddon

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Screenshot_20190102-085842~2.jpg

Take those viaduct selfies while you can. The aging elevated freeway is scheduled to close forever January 11, 2019 to get ready for the wrecking ball.

Will the city be red with surge? Will it even matter if it takes you 40 minutes to try and reach nearby entitled pax? Will our cancel rates go through the roof?

Marco Solo

OTOH, trips thru DT will take much longer, making short(er) trips more profitable once the Charlotte surge scam--not to mention the reduced per-mile rate--arrives here this year.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah this is true, but remember when it was closed for a few days? I had to do rapid fire cancels because I simply couldn't get to the pax. When I finally got some who were willing to walk to my location, they said I was their 5th driver, because all cancelled on them.

Pax who are at the bottom of a hill or in bad weather will not walk to you, which is why I asked about our cancel rates. I've never had a cancel rate higher than 9%.

Perhaps Queen Cancel will lend her opinion.

Direwolfismyspiritanimal

Skinny1

OTOH, trips thru DT will take much longer, making short(er) trips more profitable once the Charlotte surge scam--not to mention the reduced per-mile rate--arrives here this year.
Really ? 21c minute boss .... pro tip.... it’s a loser!

Direwolfismyspiritanimal

Yeah this is true, but remember when it was closed for a few days? I had to do rapid fire cancels because I simply couldn't get to the pax. When I finally got some who were willing to walk to my location, they said I was their 5th driver, because all cancelled on them.

Pax who are at the bottom of a hill or in bad weather will not walk to you, which is why I asked about our cancel rates. I've never had a cancel rate higher than 9%.

Perhaps Queen Cancel will lend her opinion.

Direwolfismyspiritanimal
You rang?:biggrin:
20190102_123542.jpg

Canceling is one of my addictions that I can't give up. I get an itchy trigger finger when the pax message me that they are currently checking out in a store 2 minutes into the wait time or that they are across the street or at the bus stop. Respect my time and respect my refusal to do a U-turn on 1st or stop in an illegal area. Double barrel middle fingers to that entitlement.

Marco Solo

I've noticed that my cancel rate doesn't increase as long as I do it before starting to drive toward the pickup. (Or, maybe it's just because I haven't hit "Start trip" yet...) But I cancel at least 6x a day after I get more time to look at the pickup & consider all competing options.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You rang?:biggrin:
View attachment 287001
Canceling is one of my addictions that I can't give up. I get an itchy trigger finger when the pax message me that they are currently checking out in a store 2 minutes into the wait time or that they are across the street or at the bus stop. Respect my time and respect my refusal to do a U-turn on 1st or stop in an illegal area. Double barrel middle fingers to that entitlement.
My Queen!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Risab1981

I can't believe I'm not de-activated on Lyft after NYE...I "arrived" and cancelled like 4 trips (shorties), and accidentally touched the screen and accepted 4-5 more (long ass pickups), while juggling apps.

IthurstwhenIP

Freeway can’t come down. It is literally someone...strike that...many ones roof. The city will need to assess the impact to the housing insecure who depend on the freeway infrastructure. Will take years of study and some big tax increases.

Direwolfismyspiritanimal

My Queen!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Screenshot_20190102-134422_Gallery.jpg

My AR is pretty high for me, though. I have no idea how you are able to maintain a 1% CR. 12% is the lowest I have ever been. There is zero chance I will get to 4%. Daddy Uber never lets me forget that he is disappointed in me.

Freeway can’t come down. It is literally someone...strike that...many ones roof. The city will need to assess the impact to the housing insecure who depend on the freeway infrastructure. Will take years of study and some big tax increases.
Bro! Don't give the city council any ideas.