• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

CAR LEASED TAKEN BY REPO MAN

Bill Feit

I have been wondering why the new Uber TV commercials trolling for drivers and saying make $300/week driving a few hours a day are not also saying "no car, don't worry, we can lease you one". That $300 week looks really small if making a lease payment (even the $180 one). It is actually very small if just having to pay your expenses which would be at least $162 if you use the IRS tax rate for expenses!!

KMANDERSON

Today, I gave a lady a ride who leased an Uber Car. She said she was paying $247 per week plus insurance and gas. Said that more than 4 days a week of work could cover those cost, but paying her other bills turned out to be a losing battle. She called Uber Lease to come get the car.....yes they came by way of REPO man. Now she has a Repossession on her credit rating!!!
I called the delerships about exchange,it was 157 a week,but it might be based on credit?

Bechella

I'm behind on payments and keep getting a 'return the car we'll pay you $100', the Xchange leases do not go on your credit from what I understand, also, they haven't returned my emails asking what's outstanding balance to pay off (cough-cough) AND they aren't chasing anyone down for returned car-back payments. I'm assuming there are WAY too many AWOL xchange leased cars so they are lagging on repos. (That lady prolly did an enterprise lease maybe???)[/QUOT

I was in an accident while driving for uber. No fault of my own, injured, damaged car, couldn't work. Now after 21 days, my car was repossessed..... so there is that

JoeChargersfan

I do feel bad for those that gets worked over by uber and the crazy high prices they charge per week in rental program. I see posts from Uber make $600 on the weekend. And lyft make $1500 working your own hours. People also hear from drivers boasting about making $2000 a week working 40hrs. Bunch of jerks everywhere.

Poopy54

The Uber exchange leased car actually have a tracking device put on them before you pick up the car at the dealership. So they do know where the cars are at all times.....And all she needed to do is give them the 30 day notice and she would had been free and clear to return the car, and no credit issues, which in most cases these people cant do a regular purchase or lease if the had to, so hard to ruin a 460 score:rolleyes::rolleyes:......People are dumb

Poopy54

Anything financed through Santander is really bad, I had a car loan that they inherited from a bank they bought out. It was setup on auto pay so it debited my account automatically. Somehow they screwed up and every payment was $0.01 short. They would send me nasty letters about being late by a penny when it was their fault. Of course I ignored them, but got a good laugh every time.
HAHA 27%APR? no problem, just don't be 30 seconds late on your payment

iiqfss9nntuwvybzxtbw.jpg

Flarpy

The Uber exchange leased car actually have a tracking device put on them before you pick up the car at the dealership. So they do know where the cars are at all times.....And all she needed to do is give them the 30 day notice and she would had been free and clear to return the car, and no credit issues, which in most cases these people cant do a regular purchase or lease if the had to, so hard to ruin a 460 score:rolleyes::rolleyes:......People are dumb
Can you tell us more about this device? How does it communicate with Uber and/or the dealership? I'm skeptical.

Null

Can you tell us more about this device? How does it communicate with Uber and/or the dealership? I'm skeptical.
It's just as he says. There's a GPS installed at the dealer for asset tracking purposes. It's also how xchange initially sent out maintenance reminders. So they track location and mileage. Just like they do with app-on.

It's a cellular based tracker.

They can also use it for recovery purposes.

Last edited:

Peanut hello

I do feel bad for those that gets worked over by uber and the crazy high prices they charge per week in rental program. I see posts from Uber make $600 on the weekend. And lyft make $1500 working your own hours. People also hear from drivers boasting about making $2000 a week working 40hrs. Bunch of jerks everywhere.
They don't make that much, just they feel the pinch and hide the truth.some are naive they believe that.

Rew

It's just as he says. There's a GPS installed at the dealer for asset tracking purposes. It's also how xchange initially sent out maintenance reminders. So they track location and mileage. Just like they do with app-on.

It's a cellular based tracker.

They can also use it for recovery purposes.
well my lease is up and I kept my car so where is the tracker and how do I get rid of it

Null

well my lease is up and I kept my car so where is the tracker and how do I get rid of it
Check in the area of your foot well. if you don't have at least basic knowledge of electronics it's not a job I'd recommend you do.