• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

CAR INSURANCE Uber Eats

freed17

I’m in the same situation as you. I have tried shopping around at some local brokers and so far one told me I would have to go through facility insurance which you have to pay upfront for. I’m still looking though and not giving up.

CMCD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something doesn’t seem right with this . Uber sends people on their way knowing full well their personal car insurance won’t cover Uber eats .
I should be allowed to do this without the additional premium of commercial insurance. Uber should be covering this as they do for Uber drive . If you find Anything out let me know if you don’t mind and I will do same . I plan on taking this back to Uber to discuss.

CMCD

I’m in the same situation as you. I have tried shopping around at some local brokers and so far one told me I would have to go through facility insurance which you have to pay upfront for. I’m still looking though and not giving up.
so are you only interested in uber eats driving and not the ride share...similar to me...it seems to me the only way to insured is agreeing to do the ride share as well..

freed17

Well I would like to do uber x as well but the problem is that I have an older car. You should definitely do rideshare as well so you’re covered. I’m honestly thinking about giving it up at this point because there is no proper coverage.

freed17

Have an update:

My local broker (my dads with them as well), has stated that he had called 14 different companies who refused to underwrite Uber Eats only so I am out of luck at this point and might have to quit Eats and go back to personal insurance. It’s gonna be tough though because I’ve been cancelled for misrepresentation.

CMCD