CAR INSPECTION

GDM

So Uber closed down the Hub, which I agree with, but they give no information as to how to get a vehicle inspected or a health certificate. Typical.

AvsUberJunkie

I had mine done at a Firestone service center. They fixed some things, and I got new tires. I downloaded a Raiser logo form from the internet, they filled it out. It was approved by Uber same day after submitting it through the app.

Daisey77

You can go anywhere and get an inspection for about $20. Meineke , Jiffy Lube, Midas, Firestone. As for your medical exam , you can take it to your regular doctor or go to a walk-in clinic. However if you have any chronic conditions they might refer you back to your doctor. He's walking clinics are a little bit more costly than your co-pay at your doctor but you're not going to find them free right now unless you drive Lyft. You can go to their office for both. I believe when I was in the Uber office last time, the employee was telling a driver they don't do medical exams anymore are they charge a certain amount because they have to bring the doctor in. He actually recommended for drivers to go to Lyft

Maneki-neko

PepBoys does inspections; the one at B'Way and Alameda does them en masse for all the rental cars. Call them to find out when a good time is. HOWEVER... they're much cheaper at the Uber hub - I think it was $15 last month. IIRC, PepBoys quoted me $25 or $29. They have the generic forms, and the form from the hub was generic too. They even advised to me u/l it to the Lyft app on the spot.

As for the medical cert, my dr office refused to do it.It was done by the PA at the hub, for $55.

Frontier Guy

You can only use a Dr. or other medical professional if they are on the USDOT approved list for doing DOT physicals, if they are not on the approved list and are doing DOT physicals, they are breaking the law and can potentially loose their license. If you have to pay for the physical, remember, it is a tax deduction.

Daisey77

PepBoys does inspections; the one at B'Way and Alameda does them en masse for all the rental cars. Call them to find out when a good time is. HOWEVER... they're much cheaper at the Uber hub - I think it was $15 last month. IIRC, PepBoys quoted me $25 or $29. They have the generic forms, and the form from the hub was generic too. They even advised to me u/l it to the Lyft app on the spot.

As for the medical cert, my dr office refused to do it.It was done by the PA at the hub, for $55.
Uber has a PA doing the medical exams ? Is there an MD on site ? A PA pretty much can do everything a doctor can do but they must have an MD Overlook and sign off on everything

[email protected]

So Uber closed down the Hub, which I agree with, but they give no information as to how to get a vehicle inspected or a health certificate. Typical.
It's all on their site. Pretty much everything can be done without setting foot in a hub anymore. 😁

Vehicle inspections (including form): https://www.uber.com/us/en/drive/denver/inspections/

Medical information is here (including form):

The Denver hub apparently does exams, but that's not helpful right now as they are closed. A licensed physician can sign the form, which is not a DOT form. They will accept DOT forms, though. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get in to see a doctor right now if you're not sick - I wish you luck on that! 🤞

Daisey77

Actually getting into the doctor right now not being sick isn't the issue per se. They're most likely not bringing anyone into their office anyways with coronavirus symptoms. If they are, they are being very selective. Such as they're concerned about something else going on other than Coronavirus. However with that being said, most doctors are booked a ways out for physicals. Oftentimes six to eight weeks . This time of the year is the slowest time of the year for physicals though. so that May work in your favor. You might try some of the Little Clinic at King Soopers or Walgreens. They do sports physicals, if you don't have a regular doctor

[email protected]

Actually getting into the doctor right now not being sick isn't the issue per se. They're most likely not bringing anyone into their office anyways with coronavirus symptoms. If they are, they are being very selective. Such as they're concerned about something else going on other than Coronavirus. However with that being said, most doctors are booked a ways out for physicals. Oftentimes six to eight weeks . This time of the year is the slowest time of the year for physicals though. so that May work in your favor. You might try some of the Little Clinic at King Soopers or Walgreens. They do sports physicals, if you don't have a regular doctor
I just got a text from a dentist I used to go to many moons ago that said they were shutting down until further notice except for patients that have pain or swelling. I wouldn't be surprised if doctor's offices did the same thing - only see patients that are in real need of immediate care, especially given all the unprecedented restrictions put in place by the government. I'm just hoping I don't need to find out either way. I hope everyone remains healthy!

wooha

Lol fill out your own forms, Uber Lyft is negligent in public safety by not verifying these forms, not your fault they don't verify them it's pretty obvious when it's approved in minutes

That's how you get the pay cuts back, no need for personal insurance either they don't verify just document your pen testing their system they keep approving them & these receipts verify 1970s wages how you supposed to afford tires, brakes, insurance ain't nobody got time for that

Something happens oh well you work for $3 an hour can't have much to lose & you can sue Uber Lyft for blatantly making it so easy & obvious they don't verify anything but mvr & background check class action

How many accidents, deaths, etc because unsafe vehicles I saw 3 Ubers yesterday with massive body damage with stickers & lights picking up pax

Puc don't even care they could go to airport lot look at tires, body damage, lights & get half of em kicked off in a few hours but that's too much work

Everyone's complicit Uber Lyft don't care they just want their 50-90% cut for doing nothing

Get it how you live

I kid I kid of course all my documents real just sayin

Uber on winners

th(2).jpg