1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Car In shop. Grounded for two days

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by DB2448, Sep 10, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

Grrrr... So my car battery light came on right as we began a trip. I don't know for the life of me how we managed to make it 30 miles to destination and then another 30miles back for me.

I'm going stir crazy with it having to be in the shop tomorrow. Especially all day on a Friday. And didn't feel comfortable driving today and risking a low rating in case something happened. Really annoyed that of all days it had to choose a good Ubering day. Hopefully they get it out by five.

2. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    I would have fixed it for half the price in 1 hour.

But, its your money.

Uber on.

Casuale Haberdasher and SumGuy like this.
  3. toi

toi

Driving:
    Livery
    alternator

4. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Welcome to my world.

You must keep in mind that not only does Murphy ride cabs, he likes to ride Uber, as well.

Nothing, but nothing, ever breaks down at eleven A.M. Tuesday. Usually it is at ten P.M. Friday, especially if there is a Monday Holiday upcoming. The best for which you can hope is what happened to you: you had the idiot light come on Thrusday night but manged to limp it home and to the shop, the next day. Thus, Murphy is still up to his usual, you get to miss Friday. It never happens that you miss a Tuesday or Wednesday; always Friday or Saturday (or Thursday, which in the Washington Market is a pretty busy day).

Fortunately for me, if the cab does need to go into the shop, I can do UberX. The money is not as good on UberX, but at least I can earn something. It has not happened Y-E-T that both have been out of service.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  5. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    Friday nights suck. Enjoy the night not doing uber. Friday nights have not been good since early May.

6. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    Exactly, I would have ordered a new alternator and replaced it myself. I remember one time a friend was driving down the highway when her car overheated and called me. I drove out to her found out the cheap plastic elbow on her radiator completely sheered off, I replaced it with the only tool I had on me and got her back on the road. Did a head gasket job on v8 Ford explorer in my front yard(if you have never dealt with them much of it is under the firewall and a pita to get to). Brakes are the easiest thing to do and cheap when you buy your own parts with most jobs being around $100 for parts and as simple as piecing a puzzle together.

I don't do a few things only because I don't feel like it or lack the tools, for everything else I do it and spend a fraction of the price from a shop.

7. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Well I was watching a tribute to all the victims and heroes of 9-11...

I stopped when I heard of your feats!

Can we get this on Twitter and Facebook?

I smell a 6th star award!

Best part is how humble you seem to be... you need to speak up man, you're really something.

:)

Casuale Haberdasher and Renaldow like this.
  8. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Too bad that cars are not that simple, anymore.

Remember when it took twenty minutes to replace a Chrysler sixty amp alternator?.....thirty miuntes if you stopped for a cigaret after you got it out?

That was one operation for which you did need a socket other than a half and seven sixteenths (those two sockets fit almost every bolt on an old Chrysler)--you did need a five eighths in addition to the other two.

9. Micmac

Micmac

brrrrr !Hey bigMoney get a Loaner from the dealer and uber on it !!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  10. DB2448

DB2448

Well they managed to get it done in a few hours and not the entire day. Managed to Pocket $40 after Uber Fees from 2-4pm today. All that's going back to pay for the car! XD

11. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    I miss the days of the non-plastic engine, in a BMW it is a job just to check the oil now.