Car For Uber ?

Hi folks, Anyone know where in Jersey I can rent or lease a car for Uber ? I was renting a car from Enterprise for a couple of months doing Uber but unfortunately I had to return the car this week because Enterprise said they have ended their partnership with uber, if anyone can recommend a dealer or rental place I would highly appreciate it, I tried a website called Hyrecar dott combut they only had 12 cars and they were old cars. Please advise. Thanks in Advance

pvtandrewmalone

Hi folks, Anyone know where in Jersey I can rent or lease a car for Uber ? I was renting a car from Enterprise for a couple of months doing Uber but unfortunately I had to return the car this week because Enterprise said they have ended their partnership with uber, if anyone can recommend a dealer or rental place I would highly appreciate it, I tried a website called Hyrecar dott combut they only had 12 cars and they were old cars. Please advise. Thanks in Advance

Craigslist. These rates don't warrant new cars, especially now that shore season is over.

Plenty of good choices out there in the $2K to $3K range with 100K miles which will be reliable yet not draining our income like that Enterprise rental.

Craigslist. 2005-2007 Altima, Sentra, Versa, or Mitsubishi Galant can be had for about $2K. If you want to splurge and spend $3K you can step up to similar vintage Accord, Camry, Civic, or Corolla.

These rates don't warrant new cars, especially now that shore season is over.
I asked uber if I could rent a car while mine was in the shop.. and they said that we don't have that option. Remember, YOUR name has to be on the insurance policy, or at least listed as a driver.. and they make your prove that.

I just bought a 2013 Sonata with 73K for $9K + tax from a Hyundai dealer. Perfect condition and immaculate.
Nice! Congrats!
Not saying that model is a bad one, but take a look at its most common problems:
http://m.carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Sonata/2013/

I ran into this site the other day and found itg very useful. Of course, it may not be accurate because not every problem is posted.. but it was helpful for my POS 2012 chevy sonic. Damn.. i wish i could trade my sonic in for a sonata!!

Uber-licious

Thanks, that's a great site. This is my 3rd Hyundai. Last one was a 2006 Azera that had 238K miles. I also have a 2013 Tucson that my kids use. I'm well aware of their issues.

Thanks guys I'll try out Craigslist, I'm a real estate agent but I do Uber as a side gig and I use the rental vehicle to get around and meet with clients at the same time, I plan on uberring for a couple more months to pay whichever car I get then go back to real estate sales full time and leave Uber. Yeah I had a Hyundai Elantra previously a very smooth car.