Car Detailing... what is the going rate?

ubergameguy

I ran into my old UPS driver (seriously, the BEST driver!) and he started a side job detailing cars and he will come to you DC/PG/HoCo/MoCo.

What is the going rate for this service?

Never been much for car washing/detailing before Uber.

Another Uber Driver

Please be sure that you do not post any advertising for him or contact information, as that would be a violation of Forum Rules. If he wants to become a Sponsor, he can contact the Administrators.

EcoboostMKS

i pay 60 a month for a car wash club and the clean and vaccum the windows daily

Hand wash or machines? If you care about your paint, those machines will destroy your finish. All types of swirls and scratches through clear coat. Even the hand wash car washes are bad for the car. All day scrubbing dirty cars with the same cheap sponges. Going from one dirty car to the next. There's nothing better than a good car detailing by someone that knows what they're doing. Microfiber sponges only and quality compounds, polishes, and waxes. I'm a nut when it comes to cleaning my cars though.

run26912

Hand wash or machines? If you care about your paint, those machines will destroy your finish. All types of swirls and scratches through clear coat. Even the hand wash car washes are bad for the car. All day scrubbing dirty cars with the same cheap sponges. Going from one dirty car to the next. There's nothing better than a good car detailing by someone that knows what they're doing. Microfiber sponges only and quality compounds, polishes, and waxes. I'm a nut when it comes to cleaning my cars though.

I use Palmolive... softens hands while doing the car...

BONG!!!

Uberbugg

BONG!!!

In case someone comes by and doesnt know...
Dish soap works great, especially for tree sap, bugs and road oil/grime. BUT, It also will strip off any wax you have on the car. So mke sure you are prepared to do a thourough wax job after using dish sop.

EcoboostMKS

BONG!!!

If you care about your car's finish, I hope you're not really using dish soap. Use a quality car wash soap. Meguiars has a good product for fairly cheap. Chemical Guys have really good stuff.

In case someone comes by and doesnt know...
Dish soap works great, especially for tree sap, bugs and road oil/grime. BUT, It also will strip off any wax you have on the car. So mke sure you are prepared to do a thourough wax job after using dish sop.

Use a detailing spray for that type of stuff. Much better for the car and does a better job. I'd never put dish soap on a car.