Car age minimum

Chase.Me

So I've been looking at completing the SA Government's accreditation process and doing all the requirements, with fitness and car inspection left. However, my car is a 2008 Mazda3.

According to Uber, the car can be 10 years old or less (2007 model or newer). However, the SA government regulations limit the age of the car to under 8 years.

Do I bother with completion of being accredited with the current car I have?

Who is John Galt?

G'day Chase.Me
Same issue, different day. I would be very interested in hearing more of your situation as I am in the same boat.
My understanding is that with a 2008 model car, I simply cannot become accredited. Catch 22.

You are right about the age differential with the government / Über rules. One is 10 years the other 8 years. What a crock.
What annoys me is that in every (?) other state, the government stipulates 10 years, but here it is 8 years. WTF?

The other day I read a thread, where Über has changed the SA (Über) rule to 9 years.
My thinking, and I have no evidence for this, is that the two parties - being the government and Über may meet halfway.

Who knows? Let's keep each other posted.
I might have to give Über the flick and write a blog or something :biggrin: Then the government would really suffer.

everythingsuber

As Uber hasn't asked cars to be checked over by the Raa as yet I am going to suggest Uber is Uber has either done a deal with the government as they appeared to do with the operators accreditation or look at the possibility Uber are just going to say "We won't stay if our cars must be inspected by the Raa "

Uber won't tell anyone what they are doing perhaps check elsewhere if things have been changed. I find it strange Uber would pull the pin the day new penalties are ratified without warning I also don't believe Uber will allow drivers to operate cars knowing that they will lose demerit points for doing so.

Craka

Got my Car checked at the place on South road - sent by uber -They do taxi and chauffeur car inspections as well. While I was their two Uber cars got knocked back for being 8 years old. Felt really sorry for one lady she just picked up her car she had purchased to drive Uber believing under 10yrs was ok. She was devastated. Again Uuber had sent her there.

Who is John Galt?

Got my Car checked at the place on South road - sent by uber -They do taxi and chauffeur car inspections as well. While I was their two Uber cars got knocked back for being 8 years old. Felt really sorry for one lady she just picked up her car she had purchased to drive Uber believing under 10yrs was ok. She was devastated. Again Uuber had sent her there.
Thanks Craka. Good info.
Time to get a real job, I think. :frown:

everythingsuber

Uber sent her there must mean they are going to be compliant? They would want to let others know then?

Craka

Uber sent her there must mean they are going to be compliant? They would want to let others know then?
Nah here is the Thing - Once your Roadworthy is done -
they send to Richmond Rd to pay and change rego status then come back and get the triangle sticker.
When you get To Richmond Rd there they can't change anything unless your car is listed on the Uber App so won't sign off on the Inspection to get the Triangle Sticker
So you then go to Uber Hub they add car to App and guess what - Your Good to Go with Trips (as far as they are concerned)

(Learnt all this as I added a second car to APP I got sick of taking the baby seat in and out all the time.)

All the time being once

everythingsuber

Nah here is the Thing - Once your Roadworthy is done -
they send to Richmond Rd to pay and change rego status then come back and get the triangle sticker.
When you get To Richmond Rd there they can't change anything unless your car is listed on the Uber App so won't sign off on the Inspection to get the Triangle Sticker
So you then go to Uber Hub they add car to App and guess what - Your Good to Go with Trips (as far as they are concerned)

(Learnt all this as I added a second car to APP I got sick of taking the baby seat in and out all the time.)

All the time being once

Ok I'm a simple person and easily confused.
You can sign up for Uber and put a car on the road without having the Raa inspection done?
Uber still does not require drivers to have accreditation as yet?

Nothing has changed?

Craka

Ok I'm a simple person and easily confused.
You can sign up for Uber and put a car on the road without having the Raa inspection done?
Uber still does not require drivers to have accreditation as yet?

Nothing has changed?
You have to have the RAA inspection but all the other accreditation they don't care