Car accident, help with questions

Whisena

I just got into a minor accident with pax in car. the person hit me when switching lane. He gave me insurance but refuse to provide driver license. I called the cops because something feel odd, he then waited some time for cops but eventually drove off before cops can come. Are you required to provide driver license? Or can you refuse it like he did? Am i being unreasonable for asking for driver license?

Chargr

Yes a license is required, but as long as you got that insurance and its valid, your good.

LAPD doesn't respond to traffic accidents unless someone gets seriously hurt or is in danger.

UberLaLa

FIRST....DO NOT REPORT TO UBER - They will put you on Inactive until they determine your vehicle is operable and presentable....which they are not efficient at doing. Unless you have a passenger in the car on trip - then you sort of have to.

That said, YES it is law that we must provide both Driver's License and Insurance upon request during an accident. That other driver essentially did a Hit & Run by not giving you their I.D/Driver's License.

UberLaLa

Also, what Insurance did you provide the other driver? Hopefully, if you were on an Uber trip you only gave them the Uber Insurance Accord document. Or, if you have Rideshare Insurance that is fine, too.

Optimus Uber

I just got into a minor accident with pax in car. the person hit me when switching lane. He gave me insurance but refuse to provide driver license. I called the cops because something feel odd, he then waited some time for cops but eventually drove off before cops can come. Are you required to provide driver license? Or can you refuse it like he did? Am i being unreasonable for asking for driver license?
Did you get a copy of the registration? Did you get his name or whatever he made up. Most likely, no drivers license, insurance probably isn't current. I wouldn't report it to uber as it sounds like he's at fault. You either have to work through his insurance if it's valid, if it's not, then you'll probably have to work through your insurance for the uninsured motorist. Unless you want to pursue it through Uber's insurance then there will eb a $1k deductible and they will deactivate your car, until it's fixed.

UberLaLa

Just saw you said, You were in accident with pax in car. You need to log into your Uber account on a computer and fill out ALL the forms there and report it. I had a guy run a red light over a year ago when I had passengers in car, have been through this. If you gave the other driver your personal auto insurance company, and do not have Rideshare insurance, CANCEL your personal insurance immediately. If they get wind of this you will be CANCELLED by them and that will create issues and cost for you getting new auto insurance.

If pax reports to Uber that they were in your car (on Trip) and you had an accident (at fault or not) and you do not report...Uber will deactivate you.

Whisena

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gave both actually. Both my uber and personal farmer insurance. Insurance does match vehicle i believe.

UberLaLa

Follow Optimus Uber s advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Unfortunately, if there was a passenger in the car driver HAS to report or they will be deactivated if passenger simply clicks on their app and reports they were in an accident with driver, no matter how minor.

I have gone through the process when I was hit with passengers in my Uber on Trip. If we are just OnLine, without passenger in car, that is different.

Optimus Uber

Unfortunately, if there was a passenger in the car driver HAS to report or they will be deactivated if passenger simply clicks on their app and reports they were in an accident with driver, no matter how minor.

I have gone through the process when I was hit with passengers in my Uber on Trip. If we are just OnLine, without passenger in car, that is different.
I would wait and see if the passenger reports it. If it's minor most passengers don't want to be bothered. They don't want to be inconvenienced.

If the passenger reports it they will refund their ride and you get $0 for whatever part of the ride you did.