• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can't rate Lyft passengers anymore plus far away pings.

Chapar Kanati

Hi there.

I have noticed that recently Lyft does not display the option for me to rate pax. What's up with that? Also why the hell in a metropolitan area like NYC I get a ping from midtown west while I am on Clinton St in Brooklyn heights.

On Lyft during busy times and especially on the weekends I freaking get far away pings back to back like crazy. Can't even dodge it easily since I use other driver rideshare apps on the same device like Uber, Juno etc. And Lyft is using sneaky tactics to get me to accept the ride. For example they'll ping me and the circle timer starts. While I am about to tap x it'll immediately fade to a new circle visually impairing me for a second. Because of that I've mistakenly accepted a rider 25 minutes away . Of course I cancelled. And when I do that pretty soon I am getting a notification plus email from Lyft stating that recently I've been canceling a lot of rides. What's up with that? I accept many rides from Lyft. I rarely cancel. I just don't accept many far away rides. This is NYC I don't accept anyone over 5 minutes away. Especially at 2am. That's a lot of driving. Yet I get this stupid email from Lyft about ride cancelations.

Why is Lyft screwing us drivers over like that?

Wardell Curry

Lyft is very sneaky. They will automatically send you stacked pings while you are on a ride and then the ping ends up being line. You cancelled enough of those and they start sending emails. So you have to stops all requests for each trip you have with them. As for your issue, just let the ping ring out. That way you can't accept the trip and if they send the trip your way anyway, email them complaining that you are getting pings automatically.

Chapar Kanati

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes that's what I have started doing. Especially on Saturday night I kept getting back to back far away pings and lines which I never accept with Lyft at least. I got so tired tapping the X that I just let the ping run out. After the third or fourth ping it puts me offline anyway.

But while that Lyft ping is running if I get an Uber or any other good ping I take it. This way I can immediately go offline on Lyft.

About the stacked pings you are right. It does add pings automatically while I am on a ride. And yes most of the time they have turned out to be Line. However it announces when a new Lyft pax is added. What I do then is before I end my current trip I just go to the pings section and instead of tapping cancel I tap remove. This then does not effect my cancelation rate. As the app itself says that.

aluber1968

Get a second phone. It will save you lots of problems. This way you can see who is surging without switching between apps

LiveNLearn

Its pretty simple Uber has 3 or 4 times the volume in nyc.

In areas where uber isnt as popular they do the same shyt.

Iann

It's at the bottom after you end the ride. You should see a star in a circle with a countdown circle timer around it.
You have to click on it before the time expires.
You can also go back 24 hours and re rate them or they automatically 5 stars.

Bklyndriver

Does ayone else get this new message?
RIDE CANCELED: Unfortunately, your ride with ____ has been canceled.
It was always the rider cancelling the trip but now it seems like if you are talking too long to get to pax left will cancel your trip instead.

SlyWolf

What I hate is when it’s been more than 5 mins, and u haven’t gotten to ur passenger. Then Lyft switches u to a whole different passenger and they cancel on you thus not qualifying for the cancel fee. Lyft does this a lot and I think they take the cancel fee from the first rider and they don’t give it to u

Lenny_yellow_cab

What I hate is when it’s been more than 5 mins, and u haven’t gotten to ur passenger. Then Lyft switches u to a whole different passenger and they cancel on you thus not qualifying for the cancel fee. Lyft does this a lot and I think they take the cancel fee from the first rider and they don’t give it to u
I hate it when u grab a high prime and they switch you :mad:

JoeJoseph

Lyft actually gives that ride to another driver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mista T Complaints 9
LoveHateThisJob San Francisco 39
Nitedriver Philadelphia 0