1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Can't change ratings anymore

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Chicago-uber, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    IMG_0683.PNG

180 days of change my ass..

NoPooPool likes this.
  2. OneRideOneVomit

OneRideOneVomit Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What the hell? I just changed a rating 10 days ago and uber said they changed the rating. Why do so many of uber's messages contradict themselves. JFC

3. Pchi

Pchi Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I almost always change ratings to 1 star when a rider takes a short trip.
    I guess I'll rate them one star from the get go and leave myself open for a revenge rating.
    This whole thing is a ffn joke. Lol
    They even have me partially brainwashed..

xcnco and awins like this.
  4. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    You 1 star short trips? lol

EddieG, xcnco and Pchi like this.
  5. awins

awins Active Member

I love me some 1 star revenge rating. That's the special sauce baby.

xcnco and Pchi like this.

6. Pchi

Pchi Active Member

Oh yeah and even more importantly I ask to be unpaired from the rider. Especially if I know they take the same short trip daily. I check for it while talking to the rider.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    upyouruber likes this.
  7. NoPooPool

NoPooPool Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Oh ya, 180 days of change for the worse on some of this crap.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 11:00 AM
  8. EddieG

EddieG Active Member

Nothing wrong with short trips. In fact, I welcome them if I have to hit anything over 25 trips to hit a quest.

80sDude likes this.
  9. Tom Harding

Tom Harding Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    that option is no longer available. The 180 days of changes seems to favor the riders, not drivers now. Did you notice that the app defaults to 5 stars and if you lower the rating, you are asked for reasons.
    I think it is time to really start organizing for Driver Protection, because Uber sure isn't protecting drivers with their resent changes!
    Maybe a coordinated boycott of certain areas might bring the attention of Uber's management, say 106th street to 57th street, and LSD to the Dan Ryan
    Something like that. Pick on areas where most riders give poor ratings!!!
    Organize, Unionize, but don't stand still. Ride-share has more full and part-time workers than any other occupation in Chicago (except maybe fast food). We are what makes Uber, Lyft and Via possible. Maybe we should have coordinated efforts to make our requirements known.
    So instead of a walk-out or strike that cannot include all drivers (if any), AREA BOYCOTT would bring attention to our needs.
    Another type of boycott could be sent to newspapers - "From 7PM to 9PM on Wednesday and Thursday there will be no Uber or Lyft service in the North Loop Area". Something like that.
    Get involved and take us from the front seat to the FRONT PAGE!!!
    UBER AND LYFT DISRUPTED THE TAXI INDUSTRY SO MAYBE IT IS TIME DRIVERS DISRUPTED THEM!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM
  10. Sam D

Sam D Well-Known Member

The rating system is a complete farce for a ton of reasons.

Uber knows it and they don't care.

I believe rideshare is here to stay in some format or another and in general is a good thing and a good idea.

Uber's existence.... not so sure anymore. We'll see what happens

11. Dragan

Dragan Member

Uber will exist not sure about drivers with older cars lol

Sam D likes this.
  12. Ad nauseam

Ad nauseam Active Member

OooooooOO, New thread Sam DSam D . I can't. Have'nt driven uber in almost two years.
    But, if I had, I'd Post a thread speculating that Uber did get out (kicked) of Chicago market.
    And ask: What would you do" What would that look like? I imagine it would look something like what happened in San Antonio? (that right?)
    More importantly are you ready to pivot, survive, and drive? (thrive!)
    One thing uber has done is made all of "independent contractors" rather "dependent."
    Absence of entrepreneurial reflection, interposition--introspection, and a brand or a plan.
    (Not all, some. Myself included.)
    Say what you want about those Cabbies--whether they worked for yellow or checker they were always clear they were working for themselves. Hustlers.
    Do the Hustle.
    Think aloud.
    Me first--if Lyft deactivated me today. I don't have a damn plan.

13. bpm45

bpm45 Well-Known Member

I think the reason they did this is that they don't want drivers rating passengers on whether or not they gave a tip. Some here has suggested giving a Max rating of a 4 unless they give a tip. If they give a cash tip then the passenger gets a 5 at the end of the ride if they give an online tip they get a for the end of the ride but then you go back and upgrade them to a 5

80sDude likes this.
  14. Tom Harding

Driving:
    UberX
    The "tip rating" goes back much farther than the "tip on the app". when there was only cash tips some drivers did the same. And the rider has something like 30 days to give a tip or driver rating, so I don't think that is the reason. Did you notice that the app defaults to 5 stars (new) and if you change it so something else, you are asked why?
    So 180 days of change? Throw the drivers a couple of bones, take back a bone and the rest is for the riders!!!

15. BigHurt35

BigHurt35 Member

Some (most?) passengers are very sensitive to poor ratings and they will watch u after the trip and possibly give a revenge rating. Honestly, i care less and less about ratings. Now that i know this, if they suck they are getting 1 star

Ad nauseam likes this.
  16. EddieG

EddieG Active Member

I had that happen to me once. I jumped the gun and 1 starred a gang banger pax before he got out of the car and 2 minutes later I went from a 4.90 to a 4.89. Oh well, small price to pay to have that piece of crap out of my life.

17. Tom Harding

Driving:
    UberX
    Unfortunately a bad rating has a greater impact on Lyft than Uber. Uber average is over 500 trips or 1 in 500 for a bad rating (.2% influence). Lyft average rating is over the last 100 trips or 1 in 100 (1%). So a bad Lyft rating is 5 times worse than a bad Uber rating.
    I could be mistaken, but t seems Uber does not factor in acceptance or cancellation percentages, where it seems Lyft does, making Lyft's rating even lower.

18. Sam D

Sam D Well-Known Member

It wouldnt surprise me if uber eventually got kicked out of Chicago. UNLESS - Uber plays strickly by there rules - then maybe they stay

all speculation I have no crystal ball - But Chicago likes control - well really money - but more control for them equals more money - -usually bottom line of everything - Chicago wants their share of rideshare

you know - Government pretends to care about - Murder, Guns, People, "THE CHILDERN!!! schools, sugar, infrastructer ect" .... but their real motto by their actions and policies are "WE DONT GIVE A F*** ABOUT YOU WE WANT YOUR MONEY ITS GOOD TO BE KING"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM
    Pchi, NoPooPool and Ad nauseam like this.
  19. Ad nauseam

Ad nauseam Active Member

Now that's the type of angry white man I like.

20. Sam D

Sam D Well-Known Member

Rooooaaaaar!!! :mad:

Ad nauseam likes this.