Cancels are a big problem for uber

roadman

Cancel every chance you get. Do not wait any longer then you have to. Do not answer phone or texts. If the pax drops pin in wrong spot that is their fault. Drive to the pin and make sure the timer starts. Get out and walk with your phone if you have to, to get the timer started. Never drive to an updated pickup location, once the timer has started do not move. Never call them. Locks doors when timer expires. Once door is locked do not let them in.

If it is surging then you might not want to cancel. This is for base rate.

If a pax complains about another driver cancelling let them know to contact support for a credit.

Let me know if questions.

yankdog

Why is it a big problem for Uber? And I'm not being sarcastic. Interested in your logic.
The one thing most pax like about Uber is it's fast and cheap. If we tack on an extra $4 per ride by note giving them one when they aren't there toes to curb Uber is losing credibility. Their reputation as fast and cheap takes a hit and their marketing strategies to pax fall flat. Eventually this results in financial loss. Tack on to that the pax request for payment for the cancel fee and Uber is bleeding.

But they dug their own grave I'm just the guy who sells shovels so they can dig it deeper.

roadman

Pool 2 minutes

X 5 minutes

I LMFAO @ this. Who would do such a thing?
I will do it next time I can't get timer started. I have been cheated 3 times now, no more.

I just have a difference with you, Roadman...

When pax complains about other drivers cancelled on them, it is better to lecture them or tell em that we value our time, and they should learn something very simple and necessary... RESPECT
Man I'm not trying to save the world, you right though. Oh plus it costs shithead money when they give credit.

Last edited:

Fast Times @ UBER

I should keep a bike on my bike rack. Park, bike to them, start the timer, bike back and voila.
Now that is a winner....park your car....accept all Pool Pax nearby, assuming they are close enough simply bike to them, hang out on the side, and observe the befuddled look on their face as the Pax sees the car in the app but no car! Hahahahahah....funny. Collect Cancel and move on. The tip is you get some exercise.

kensteriraq

Make sure you're at the ping location (not an updated location by text or phone) and you see the cancel notice before you cancel or you won't get paid. Honestly, I'll usually move to the new location but if the person calls with attitude I refuse to move and ask them to come to me or update their pickup location. Bad attitude callers make it real easy to cancel and collect the fee. Bad attitude callers usually translate into pain in the tail pax who give bad ratings as well. Better to collect the $4 and avoid the hassle.

If you've been at the location long enough and it's only charging wait time try calling the pax if they don't answer in two rings hang up. The cancel notice should appear at that point the application often wants to see you tried reaching them.

roadman

Now that is a winner....park your car....accept all Pool Pax nearby, assuming they are close enough simply bike to them, hang out on the side, and observe the befuddled look on their face as the Pax sees the car in the app but no car! Hahahahahah....funny. Collect Cancel and move on. The tip is you get some exercise.
I like the way you think. Come to the next meetup!

DeplorableDonald

That idea has been floated at meetups as revenge when Uber stiffs us on a cleaning fee or other incentive.

run26912

The pax are Uber's customer not mine. My responsibility is to myself to maximize my income. Canceling is easy income with no destination gas charges so I cancel as much as possible when there is a cancel fee involved.

eggsactly. uber decided to go from an agent to a low down dirty arse PIMP, absolutely no regards for the drivers. fk them.

bong!!!!

Telsa34

Sure, berate the guy that got cancelled on cuz they didn't respect someone else's time.
He'll rate you highly / tip you. LOL

Exactly it never ceases to amaze me to see some of the moronic posts so you want to cancel to hurt uber and uber is such a POS well if you really feel that way about this company why do you drive for them, that would make me believe that you're more stupid than they are, why would you want to hurt a company that you're working for.

Okay everybody on this site starts canceling and tomorrow uber goes out of business where will y'all going to work at then.

Oh I forgot Walmart is hiring, but remember you have a fixed schedule there you can't come and go as you please.

FB_IMG_1504467773327.jpg

a_Magillacutty

Do you truly believe that even if 100 drivers in the DMV area did this it would actually cause them a problem? I just don't see the impact that you expect. Especially when so many complain about how many "ants" are out there.

For the record I don't wait for pool pax. I occasionally wait for X. I always attempt a call or message 30 seconds before fee is eligible. I have no problem informing them that I won't wait once the timer ends. Uber doesn't properly educate passengers on wait times and the associated charges that will occur if they are not ready.