1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

cancelling vs. not picking up "rider calls"

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Urbanappalachian, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Urbanappalachian

Urbanappalachian Member

I know I should have turned off the app if I don't plan on picking up a rider at specific addresses. Some addresses are known "dangerous" which is why I sometimes do not answer "rider calls". I didn't know this could make my ratings lower? It's not exactly the same as cancelling a ride after I got to the address and if the address looked shady. I would assume if I didn't pick up the "rider call", another UBER driver would have picked it up already. Sometimes the call happen too quick or sometimes someone already picked it up so why should this give me a lower rating if I was slow to pick up the "rider call"? It shouldn't, right?

2. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    You need to spend a few minutes reading these forums. Your questions have been covered. Also, it helps when you use the proper terminology. I.E. "Pings" not "Rider call". At first I thought you were referring to not answering the phone call from a pax after canceling on them. :confused:

SuperStar3000 and Beur like this.
  3. Oh-Lord

Oh-Lord Well-Known Member

Not accepting the ping lowers your acceptance rate. Cancelling increases your cancellation rate. Now you can't get in trouble for having a low acceptance rate, but you can get suspended or even deactivated for cancelling too much. My acceptance rate for example is about 60% because I don't accept pool, however my cancel rate is about 8 %. If you accept by accident just bite the bullet and do the trip. Hope that helped.

AuxCordBoston likes this.
  4. nlt624

nlt624 Member

My acceptance rate is 84% because I DO NOT accept any requests that have a rating less than 4.3 or who is more than 7 minutes away. I only cancel when the rider doesn't have their arse in my car within 5 minutes (X and Select) or 2 minutes (Pool).

5. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

My favorite character in Winnie the Pooh is Pigglet

6. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Are you sure that uber/Lyft will not deactivate you for a low acceptance rate?

Oh-Lord likes this.
  7. Oh-Lord

Oh-Lord Well-Known Member

Yes I am sure. My acceptance rate is **** since I decided I dont do uberpoop.
    Come on people stop doing uberpoop. If someone can't afford dirt cheap x they need to get a bus schedule.

8. stephan

stephan Active Member

My acceptance rate all the time between 50 and 92 , cancellation rate is between 2- 14 . Rating 4.7