Cancelling ride after waiting

Larman

Just curious how long do you wait before cancelling? Lately I have been waiting 5 minutes upon arrival.

UberDriver9000

I usually call them when 3 min pass. if they dont answer, leave after the 5 min mark, if they answer, I give them an extra min before cancelling. 3 dollars for a cancellation fee isn't all that worth it

LIsuberman

If we let PAX get away with more than 5 min - they will take that time and make you wait even longer. PAX have to learn that when they call for transportation they are responsible to be there ready and waiting for the transportation. Every driver minute you wait is a minute you loose money. This is a business and should be run as such. Drivers have to be strict with their wait times or we will all get screwed by the PAX. I will bet you when they call for an ambulance they are expected on time, when they call for pizza delivery they expect food on time, and when they pay their bills - the creditors expect to be paid on time - or a late fee is charged. My time is worth more than what they think - when they get shuffled for not being ready. My finger hovers over the cancel button when the 5 min timer approaches it goes red and I'm gone even if they are chasing the car. And if the pin is in the wrong place then that will cost them $5.00 also. When I arrive they get a text "I arrived" from me - 5 min later if they are not in the car they also get charged $5.00 and have to call another driver - which takes more time. Try getting a credit from uber for the $5.00 - takes even more time ! All this for a minimum of $3.66 to drive their delicate scamming cheep buts around ?

Unless I risk losing a good surge $ amount, then its 5 mins or out.

I've even sped away from a rider after the 5 minute mark. I saw him running towards me right after I hit cancel. Sorry dude, you're too late. He slapped my trunk with his hand. Luckily I didn't pick up that dude.

Big man xl

Unless I risk losing a good surge $ amount, then its 5 mins or out.

I've even sped away from a rider after the 5 minute mark. I saw him running towards me right after I hit cancel. Sorry dude, you're too late. He slapped my trunk with his hand. Luckily I didn't pick up that dude.
You won't lose the surge if you cancel and say no car seat! Plenty of times when im on a high surge or end of a promo and i get a low rated a passenger, I'll drive to them and when I'm in front I'll cancel saying either no car seat or to many passengers. You'll keep your surge and promo streak and it doesn't go against your cancelation rate.

Driveralp

Dudes just an advice, you don’t need to cancel after 5 mins, just start the trip and if you like the trip keep on waiting, otherwise cancel away. It still won’t effect your CR

Driveralp

In nyc if you finish the trip right after you start it the app automatically tells you “it was quick what’s up bro” and it gives you canceling option. It maybe different in other areas tho. Best try for yourself

In nyc if you finish the trip right after you start it the app automatically tells you “it was quick what’s up bro” and it gives you canceling option. It maybe different in other areas tho. Best try for yourself
Lol, what's up bro.

Last time I canceled right after I started a trip, I didn't get a cancelation fee or any money.
(The rider got in the car then changed her mind after another woman she knew said she'd give her a ride)

RideKnight

Be careful canceling after starting a trip. The passenger has the opportunity to give you a 1-star. And like stated above, you lose the cancellation fee.

Driveralp

Lol, what's up bro.

Last time I canceled right after I started a trip, I didn't get a cancelation fee or any money.
(The rider got in the car then changed her mind after another woman she knew said she'd give her a ride)
If you have waited for 5 mins and you did start finish thing you do get a cancellation fee. Done that many times. Even if you do that before 5 mins you get a cancellation option but your Cr goes down.

Learned last night that the sticky surge does hang on to you, if you cancel after the 5 mins are up. Had 3 cancel fees in a row (drunks took too long) and the surge passed on to my eventual ride

Big man xl

Learned last night that the sticky surge does hang on to you, if you cancel after the 5 mins are up. Had 3 cancel fees in a row (drunks took too long) and the surge passed on to my eventual ride
Once again, it also sticks with you if you put no car seat or riders can't fit. Also if you get a low rated request on a sticky, except the request and cancel immediately and use the no safe pick up option and your sticky will stay with you.