Cancelling on clueless pax

manuella

8EC2FB73-B1FF-433E-89FD-0788D5BB07CD.png
F2A98AB7-1AAC-4998-983F-F8626365CC0C.png
Guys I’m hoping to get some solid ideas or opinions with how cancellations work on Lyft .

Commute hours pax in the middle of intersections or just streets where you can’t stop and wait without getting a ticket or pissing off the entire city population lol

Can’t wait 5 minutes or even 1 minute , can’t drive around the block cause it starts the trip . What do you guys do about this ? What should I do

Usually I swipe up and close the app but today I got put on a guilt trip by a pos someone’s mother and I feel bad lol I mean it’s not my fault but still I feel bad, Lyft has some of the worst and most hostile policies towards drivers , anybody with a work around.

PS she wasn’t outside, spent at most 45 seconds double parked.

AuxCordBoston

View attachment 162899 View attachment 162900 Guys I’m hoping to get some solid ideas or opinions with how cancellations work on Lyft .

Commute hours pax in the middle of intersections or just streets where you can’t stop and wait without getting a ticket or pissing off the entire city population lol

Can’t wait 5 minutes or even 1 minute , can’t drive around the block cause it starts the trip . What do you guys do about this ? What should I do

Usually I swipe up and close the app but today I got put on a guilt trip by a pos someone’s mother and I feel bad lol I mean it’s not my fault but still I feel bad, Lyft has some of the worst and most hostile policies towards drivers , anybody with a work around.

Ask pax to come to you. If pax doesn't then cancel and get the fee.

NHDriver

What I do in that situation, especially if I know the street or area is txt or call them when I am on the way and tell them where to meet me. If they do not agree to it just show up, wait, get cancel fee. Be proactive not reactive. If you are not familiar with the area, once you get there, park as close and as safe as you can, call or txt and say this is where I am and describe it to the pax. If they don't agree or show, cancel and get the fee. Just take control of it and if it doesn't work out, it's on them not you. You showed up but you are not putting yourself in a dangerous or illegal position where you can be ticketed.

Gwoae

I agree. I would have found the closest place to park even if it is a block away. Call and talk to them. I generally prefer to text but in this situation I would call.

If it makes you feel any better you were probably going to be in an awkward situation where you tell her you can't take an unaccompanied minor anyways.

Ezridax

If they’re not out there, I’ll find someplace close to the pin that I can pull over to wait the 5 min. And yeah... I’d be asking how old the pax is and if underage, contacting Lyft for my cancellation fee.

emmhope

Ah unfortunately this was around 8:40 am san francisco downtown with a major lane reduced to 0 from 3 lanes , construction never stops in this town.

Going around the block isn’t easy as it sounds plus I had a bus behind me lol just felt selfish and unacceptable to double park there,clearly she lives there and is aware of this issue yet she ordered the Lyft while not curbside ! I say clueless but it’s more like no f given with most of them.

Does anybody know how many rides we can cancel on average ? Is there a way to get out of it , I thought getting them to cancel would save me but apparently not ! can we call say nothing for may be 3 seconds then hang up ? Would that work lol I’m not so much thinking about the fee but I would rather not get deactivated because Uber has gone downhill in terms of earnings , I want keep Lyft.

Jennyma

If you don't cancel a lot, it just counts as one of your non accepting pax. but contact them and explain.

When I first started Lyft years ago, you were allowed and within your right to cancel somoene if they gave you the creeps. I think it's only an issue if you are cherry picking rides. Explain it to lyft they might remove it from your non acceptance pile.

emmhope

What I do in that situation, especially if I know the street or area is txt or call them when I am on the way and tell them where to meet me. If they do not agree to it just show up, wait, get cancel fee. Be proactive not reactive. If you are not familiar with the area, once you get there, park as close and as safe as you can, call or txt and say this is where I am and describe it to the pax. If they don't agree or show, cancel and get the fee. Just take control of it and if it doesn't work out, it's on them not you. You showed up but you are not putting yourself in a dangerous or illegal position where you can be ticketed.

That kind sounds like baby sitting and if they are not yet in my car I would rather not lol for those reasons I have been so furious at Lyft for making us call in order to get a fee that doesn’t work or can’t work in DT or Fidi SF , it’s probably why half the city hates us.”, with a call you go from 5 minutes to 8 or even 10.

I also try not to call or text anybody before, I don’t know why people are so difficult but they hate calls or texts but so do I ,I feel it places me at risk for a ticket or worse with cheap rates I don’t see why I should.

RynoHawk

They always say "I was (am) right outside!" I will slow cruise with flashers for as long as I can and then stop in the first safe/legal place I see and call. My car has trade dress displayed and they can see what I drive on the app. If Uber, I have a name and if Lyft I have a name and a fuzzy picture. Way easier for them to spot me, but most of the time they're not paying any attention to looking for their car. If they won't go to where I stopped, I cancel.

Mikek999

WE ARE NOT A $50 BLACK CAR SERVICE. You park near by and tell PAX that YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO STOP IN THE ROAD AND PUCKUP PEOPLE. They will have to come to you. It’s just that simple. If they don’t want to walk to you, well then you wait it out and cancel the ride as a no show. Late nights in a busy downtown street my PAX may have to walk down two blocks to reach me. If I can pull over safely I will, but what I’m finding out is that police in cities everywhere are getting VERY tired of Uber and Lyft cars stopped on a road obstructing traffic - and therefore are issuing tickets. This is the cost that Uber and Lyft didn’t quite anticipate when putting hundreds of thousands of new cars on the road as taxi service. And why taxi rules exist....

dnlbaboof

the buses have cameras, city should just get rid of buses, contract uber to do pool instead let drivers use bus lanes and pickup at bus stops, rider pays a subsidized fare, lol buses are empty, a waste of money.

serious the city needs to work with uber instead of fighting, they should just make dedicated uber stops and make all pax go there, at least in the fidi. there is no legal way to pick up ppl

Mikek999

the buses have cameras, city should just get rid of buses, contract uber to do pool instead let drivers use bus lanes and pickup at bus stops, rider pays a subsidized fare, lol buses are empty, a waste of money.

serious the city needs to work with uber instead of fighting, they should just make dedicated uber stops and make all pax go there, at least in the fidi. there is no legal way to pick up ppl

Lyft already does this with thier new shuttle service....

Jennyma

What city are you talking about? Not all buses are empty and we can't get rid of them everywhere in the us

emmhope

SF, buses seem empty,

Damn you must not be paying attention lol the buses DT are usually almost full so is muni.

Once in a while they shut them down like last time when someone left a package on market and then the city goes into none stop pt until 11pm

Trump Economics

Never, never, never cancel, you guys!

My head hurts!

Just drive away! The call will auto cancel or the customer will cancel.

Then switch to another platform or take a bathroom break.

If a passenger has you double parked, guess what, I'm driving away, and now you get to wait another ten minutes until you're smart enough to figure it out.

https://uberpeople.net/posts/3086734/

View attachment 162899 View attachment 162900 Guys I’m hoping to get some solid ideas or opinions with how cancellations work on Lyft .