• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cancelled Rides

DB2448

So today I accepted to take a rider, but almost immediately after pressing the person icon, I got a client has cancelled the ride notification. Is Uber prepared to charge clients a fee for canceling rides? I think that's something which should happen. Maybe a few bucks for the fee? Nothing drastic.

Another Uber Driver

If the user cancels in less than five minutes after submitting the request, Uber does not charge him. If he cancels after five minutes, Uber does charge. In some markets, Uber will give a pass on the first cancellation after five minutes. For a while, it was paying the driver, anyhow. At some point, if dropped that. Now, the driver eats the first tme pass.

painfreepc

So today I accepted to take a rider, but almost immediately after pressing the person icon, I got a client has cancelled the ride notification. Is Uber prepared to charge clients a fee for canceling rides? I think that's something which should happen. Maybe a few bucks for the fee? Nothing drastic.
You get $5 on uberX if they cancel after 5 minutes ok,

Some people have a real personal reason to cancel right away and why is non of your business,
i am a uber client as well as a driver and i cancel drivers a lot.

Sometimes i will request a ride with my mothers account to get a driver off the board,
then make a request with my account, keep that driver, then go back and cancel the other driver on my mothers account..

Emp9

Some people have a real personal reason to cancel right away and why is non of your business,

Sometimes i will request a ride with my mothers account to get a driver off the board,
then make a request with my account, keep that driver, then go back and cancel the other driver on my mothers account..
thats messed up man. not cool at all

DB2448

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its totally cool man, its my money, and i have a real reason for doing it.

I'm guessing you're a troll in the forums. What state do you live in? Also, it's not cool because that driver is depending on your "ride" to feed his family, pay for gas, and other stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if you ever get a 1 star review. Must be an upset taxi driver.

painfreepc

I'm guessing you're a troll in the forums. What state do you live in? Also, it's not cool because that driver is depending on your "ride" to feed his family, pay for gas, and other stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if you ever get a 1 star review. Must be an upset taxi driver.
No, you are the troll, OP thinks he should get a few dollars for a quick cancel, i am saying many times a client has a real reason to cancel,

i am a client, i have two ass-hole drivers that live near me, i do not want them picking-up my family, we drivers game the system, don't get pissed when a client games it too..

Last edited:

DB2448

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, you are the troll, OP thinks he should get a few dollars for a quick cancel, i am saying many times a client has a real to cancel,

i am a client, i have two ass-hole drivers that live near me, i do not want them picking-up my family, we drivers game the system, don't get pissed when a client games it too..
Well, then why didn't you say that in your original post? Let's see. Someone who doesn't bother to check their grammar or punctuation, and is agressive in their posts. Yep, I know who the troll is. You have a good night, okay?

pizza guy

Quick cancels are a real problem for drivers. In those 2-3 minutes the driver has commited time and money to driving towards your destination while not accepting other pax. If you do have bad drivers in your area I'd say let them show up hand them a few bucks and tell them never to accept a request at that address again.

painfreepc

Quick cancels are a real problem for drivers. In those 2-3 minutes the driver has commited time and money to driving towards your destination while not accepting other pax. If you do have bad drivers in your area I'd say let them show up hand them a few bucks and tell them never to accept a request at that address again.
Your Joking, Right?

Emp9

its totally cool man, its my money, and i have a real reason for doing it.
so you are more important than the other drivers in your area? just so you know another member got deactivated because uber has access to your phone and he would request and cancel on drivers to move them away and uber found out. also you wouldnt like someone doing that to you , driving 3-4 min then cancel on you to move you out of the area.

poopy

i am not o
So your $173.00 a week lease for the 2015 Ford Fusion through Santander isn't what many common sense folks might call an Uber lease?

Apparently your grammar skills parallel your comprehensive ability.

Uber-lease on!
:wink:

poopy

Hey,
At least it's easier to ignore me than to ignore that awesome lease.

Uber-on Ace.
:smiles:

PS: Seems inpain's post where he denies having an Uber lease magically disappeared.
Way to take your ball and go home there, sport.

Last edited:

Oh My

A real @@@@@@@. And that's why you got no water, mints or use of my A/C outlet.