Cancelled because of message to "hurry up"

Duderx

Sitting at home, accepted a ping close to home. Before I could leave the house (30secs) message from rider: Are you coming to get me, it's cold here and you haven't moved.

Replied I'm on my way. Straight into bad shit traffic.

Thought, should I just cancel, coz this is a defo 1 star.

Decided to 'do the right thing'.

Arrived at pick up, pulled in to a 15 min park zone.
The pax waved for me to come forward into a bus stop.
I waved for the pax to come to me.
Pax continued to wave me forward.
Turned around and left pickup
Received multiple messages as I tried to cancel the ride, eventually had to reboot phone, pax bombarded me with messages.
Tried to cancel ride and turned around and went home.

Should have cancelled at first message.

Will do next time.

Can't 1 star as didn't do trip.

Don't feel too proud about this, first time I've done it in over 10k rides, what do you guys think?

MickeyMantleLegend

Sitting at home, accepted a ping close to home. Before I could leave the house (30secs) message from rider: Are you coming to get me, it's cold here and you haven't moved.

Received multiple messages as I tried to cancel the ride, eventually had to reboot phone, pax bombarded me with messages.

Will do next time.

Don't feel too proud about this, first time I've done it in over 10k rides, what do you guys think?
Just wait them out until they have to cancel, then get the fee. I rarely get a hurry up, but when I do, just leave job open until they cancel, which by the time they send all their messages and phone calls (ignored), the cancellation fee kicks in. Or if your close, slide them. Don't feel bad. They deserve it.

Who is John Galt?

===/===

Well, just as well it was you as the driver and not Dimitrious Gargasoulas. I know what he would have done with that annoying pax.

Apollo

Will do next time.

Lol.You acted foolishly friend.Once that first message arrived you should have cancelled straight away.You'll know better next time.

yogi bear

you wasted your time and fuel on this paxhole, let it be a lesson for next time..

this is where taxi trumps uber btw, I'd have done the job no worrys, charged more for the same fare, and not have had to worry about 5 stars, or one star, probably give the pax a bit of subtle shit about it looking so cold outside, they must be freezing, along the way..

D-River

Will do next time.

I don’t do sliders, but I certainly cancel if I get a hurry up message.

So your fine. Don’t feel bad. Especially since you didn’t try a slider on ?

A person so rushed that they have to contact you straight away, is a person that will be grumpy and generally not a nice person.

I think them trying to hurry drivers up is a much better easier way of judging a person that star ratings.

BuckleUp

Will do next time.

Why the heck didn't you slider the ahole?

Djhuber63

Will do next time.

Def. High maintenance. 20/20 hindsight is a great thing. I’d like to think I’d cancel early doors, however I’d probably checked for approaching buses and picked them up (unless in cbd). They would have received clear instructions on how to wait in future, and I’d probably receive 1* for my collection.
Had a guy try to get in my car whilst I was trying to perform left hand turn on Sat. He saw my worst side but kicked him out and cancelled him before he could 1* me, Dropkick.

The Source

Will do next time.

Happens more and more often these days thanks to the 3 minute billboards.

Once pax see the car is not moving they will tell you to hurry up, traffic is irrelevant to them.