• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cancelled account due to early background check

GHH

Has anyone had an issue with uber and having background checks done. I went to go clock in the other day and it would immediately go to "uber has your background check results and will be reviewing them may take up to 7-15 days" screen. I spent two hours trying to find some way to contact uber. Finally had to go in to "can't log in" Section where all you can fill out as your phone number email. I waited for a response which in turn I got What seems as a robotic answer Uber as your background check and will be revealing it check on background check company's website if you have any further questions. So I fell out to information to find out that the checker company has not done a recent background check. I checked all my emails nowhere did I find anything about having a background check done. I then again send Uber an email back stating it hasn't been a year yet I don't understand why make account as being canceled for the time being again I get we are reviewing your background check. So I state my case with the person or robot that's on the other end of the e-mail. Not helpful whatsoever. The person on the other end tells me that they have to do background checks annually I said I understand that I don't have a problem with doing a background check but why not do it sooner then the time that it's due for so that people can continue to drive while they're waiting for the results. Again I get a message stating they will be reviewing the background check check back within 7 the 15 days. I then ask when the last time I had my background check done was they tell me June 20th 2017. So I stayed it has not been a year yet why have you canceled my account If you're doing early background checks like you should be doing. The person on the other and then again States they will be reviewing my background check check back within 7 the 15 days. This is luckly a second job for me but I do still need the money to survive and provide for my family if this is happening to other drivers I feel badd for the ones that this is their only income to go 15 days without being able to be paid sounds ludicrous. Again I get another robotic answer please check back within 7 to 15 days. I then ask is there a possibility that there was AMA steak and if he could just look into it further. At that point I have not received the message back that was 24 hours ago is anybody else having any issues with this type of problem. This is the 1st time I've been up for a re check I haven't even been driving for a year it's 2 and a 1/2 months early for my background check I don't understand while I still can't drive-in the meantime. I have a 4.98 rating I have 3 daughters and a wife I completely understand why the background checks need to be done I'm not arguing with that I'm arguing with the point that they canceled my account even know it's early by 2 and a 1/2 months.