Cancellation rate uber eats

MeatyJoe

For those of you silly enough, like me, to do uber eats, do you accept every order or pick and choose? It seems that if any when I do cancel an order I have to wait a good 10 minutes before the next one comes.
I've heard from restaurants that if they take too long drivers start to cancel but I hate taking the risk of getting nothing after I cancel.

[email protected]

I've been doing UE in Sydney for about 4 weeks now. Here we don't have the luxury of picking and choosing trips, simply because we don't get many of them.

MeatyJoe

Yep same here, but it appears there are people out there smashing the system. Like yesterday I saw two guys in 1 car, picking up a double each. I waited at the same restaurant for 20 mins and nothing.

If they can share a car, surely they've worked out some clever trick to make it worthwile

Apollo

Yep same here, but it appears there are people out there smashing the system. Like yesterday I saw two guys in 1 car, picking up a double each. I waited at the same restaurant for 20 mins and nothing.

If they can share a car, surely they've worked out some clever trick to make it worthwile
The old conspiracy theory.

Prodgers

Pretty much accept every order that comes through.

Interestingly about the cracks in the system: Sat arvo there were 3 of us camping at a maccas (there are 6 restaurants within a a few hundred meters of the maccas so it's a good place to park) and the same bloke kept getting pings from Maccas while the other 2 of us didn't get any. Seemed weird - so i'm not sure how it works exactly. We were all parked next to each other too - possibly just luck.

MeatyJoe

Yeah I've had similar things happen. I've been the only one at the restaurant with no other orders and another rider gets pinged from 20 minutes away while I get nothing. It appears to be completely random.

KITT

How do you cancel an UE trip after collecting the food and hit start the trip?