Cancellation-issue

pacman38

It-doesn't-seem-fair-to-me-that-whenever-there's-a-no-show-or-any-other-reason-to-cancel...not-of-my-own-fault....my-cancellation-rate-still-gets-affected....how-can-I-address-this-issue-with-Uber?

I'm-surprised-this-issue-hasn't-been-resolved-by-numerous-complaints-from-the-drivers..surely-I-can't-be-the-only-one-who-notices-this.

I-know-the-veterans-here-don't-care-about-cancellation-rates...but-I-do----since-in-order-to-get-quests...one-must-have-a-low-cancellation-rate...I-rely-0n-quests-to-help-pay-for-my-gas-expenses..

Doowop

It-doesn't-seem-fair-to-me-that-whenever-there's-a-no-show-or-any-other-reason-to-cancel...not-of-my-own-fault....my-cancellation-rate-still-gets-affected....how-can-I-address-this-issue-with-Uber?

I'm-surprised-this-issue-hasn't-been-resolved-by-numerous-complaints-from-the-drivers..surely-I-can't-be-the-only-one-who-notices-this.

I-know-the-veterans-here-don't-care-about-cancellation-rates...but-I-do----since-in-order-to-get-quests...one-must-have-a-low-cancellation-rate...I-rely-0n-quests-to-help-pay-for-my-gas-expenses..

INTENTION and Cancellation
Driver activates Uber app with the Intention to receive, accept or decline trips. When a Pax Intends to take a ride with Uber, Rider activates Uber app and selects appropriate destination and vehicle. When driver accepts ping he Intends to take this trip. He drives to Pax location with Intention to drive Pax to destination. As Driver waits at pickup location, Pax doesnt show. Driver, still Intending to take pax to destination, Texts and calls Pax with no reply. At some point PAX no longer had the Intention to take the ride with Uber. Pax however could not seem to find Cancellation Button, maybe bacause nails weren't dry yet, fido had to do his business, any excuse will do. The problem is: the Driver is forced to hit the cancel button because the pax could not, or refused to do so. Uber then sometimes rewards Driver with a few dollars as an "Atta Boy" for the effort BUT then UBER punishes the same Driver with an Aw Shit hit to his cancellation rates. All this because the driver was forced to show that the Pax no longer Intended to take the ride.Driver did not cancel, he only pressed the button for an inconsiderate Pax.
How many Atta Boys does it take to erase an Aw Shit?
I understand that some on this board insist that No show cancellations are not calculated in Deactivation but I have not seen evidence of that. If that is so, why is No Show cancellation reflected in the rating calculation? Uber could easily omit these trips from Ratings.

Spanky

------------------------------Minimal-effect------------------------wanted-to-cancel-reading-your-post--------

SorryBluetoothOnly

It's not fair but you can't do anything about it. Look at it from their perspective: if they made exceptions to which cancellations "counted", then everyone would just Game the system to make their cancellations not count.

Those situations should be fewer. It's a cost of doing business. Just understand that fact and take it into consideration when making future decisions.

pacman38

It's not fair but you can't do anything about it. Look at it from their perspective: if they made exceptions to which cancellations "counted", then everyone would just Game the system to make their cancellations not count.

Those situations should be fewer. It's a cost of doing business. Just understand that fact and take it into consideration when making future decisions.
Okay...but-Uber-recently-allowed-a-more-reasonable-change-to-the-old-way-of-ratings-for-example....

Now-for-example...if-traffic-caused-you-to-get-a-low-rating...out-of-your-hands........fear-no-longer....they-now-have-a-way-to-differentiate-between-bogus-and-legit-complaints....

Furthermore....why-should-legit-cancellations-reflect-negatively-on-the-driver?.....

DeplorableDonald

1. I have never seen anything in Quest fine print about cancellation rate. Recently part of the 180 Days of Change bullshit they stopped acceptance rate requirements for Quest.

2. Can we set up a Gofundme to buy you a new goddamn keyboard? I like your posts but Jesus H. Christ I get a headache and seizures trying to decipher them

pacman38

1. I have never seen anything in Quest fine print about cancellation rate. Recently part of the 180 Days of Change bullshit they stopped acceptance rate requirements for Quest.

2. Can we set up a Gofundme to buy you a new goddamn keyboard? I like your posts but Jesus H. Christ I get a headache and seizures trying to decipher them
Iapologizeforthevisualdiscrepencies...

Whothought

my cancellation rate is still in the High Teens I have done less than 5 rides for the week accepted every ping.

weykool

Where is the evidence that cancellation rates affect quests?
Where is the evidence that no show cancellations can lead to deactivation?
Just because it's added into the rate it seems that Uber can consider the type of cancellations when deciding to deactivate.
I seem to recall that there were a couple of drivers here who were deactivated for asking the pax to cancel.

pacman38

Where is the evidence that cancellation rates affect quests?
Where is the evidence that no show cancellations can lead to deactivation?
Just because it's added into the rate it seems that Uber can consider the type of cancellations when deciding to deactivate.
I seem to recall that there were a couple of drivers here who were deactivated for asking the pax to cancel.

The-problem-is-that-an-Algorithm-isn't-enough...

TobiasBruckner

How-do-you-figure?....They-give-me-updates-about-how-well-i'm-doing-with-accelerations-and-hard-brakes...it-cracks-me-up..

If-they-can-do-that???????.....well?????

They do that by monitoring the movement of your phone. That's a lot easier to monitor than concepts like intention and thoughts. I cancel almost every time the wait period is up, and my cancellation rate is fine. I wouldn't sweat it, since cancels are the exception. Similar to the rating system, it's not fair, but if you cancel when you should, and you don't attach your ego to it, you shouldn't have a problem.