Cancellation fee

Jose22

Hello everyone, one question when the rider take long time to go to the car, you wait for him or cancel the trip an get the cancellation fee? One time the rider took like 10 minutes to go outside and then the trip was 0.9 miles 3 dollars trip... uber can banned you if you cancel too many trips? Even if the drivers take long time?

MadePenniesToday

Cancel the ride if you want. Not many people make you wait over 5 minutes so you won't be cancelling often. A cancel here and there won't hurt you. Maybe call before the 5 minutes and notify the rider and also ask where they are going. That way you know if it's worth waiting.

tootsie

Hello everyone, one question when the rider take long time to go to the car, you wait for him or cancel the trip an get the cancellation fee? One time the rider took like 10 minutes to go outside and then the trip was 0.9 miles 3 dollars trip... uber can banned you if you cancel too many trips? Even if the drivers take long time?
Def don't wait past 5 mintues! Waiting for the fee isn't alway worth it so I usually only give people 1 min

darkshy77

Def don't wait past 5 mintues! Waiting for the fee isn't alway worth it so I usually only give people 1 min
Depending on how much time/ miles.... Find a spot to hide nearby wait out the rest of the time cancelled. Also good time to find out destination whether or not it's worth waiting for

AAApone

Usually I will text when I arrive at pickup location and if no reply after the 5min timer I will cancel and move on. Not worth it to wait more then the 5min they get as your payment for waiting is only pennies, literally.

UsedToBeAPartner

Wait 10 minutes? Hell no! Uber will not and cannot ban you for doing what is clearly described in the TOS agreement. The agreement says you only have to wait 5 minutes. If they do not arrive, cancel, collect the cancellation fee and move on.