Cancellation BS

BWC38

I don't understand how Uber gives pax FIVE long minutes to get in the car once driver is confirmed to have arrived before driver can cancel and collect cancellation fee. On top of that, they give pax up to 5 minutes to cancel without being charged a cancellation fee once they book the ride

When picking up pax from busy areas with police patrolling and heavy traffic, a 5 minute wait period is ridiculous. A lot of pax are too dumb to realize they need to be outside and ready in certain areas because driver is risking getting a parking ticket (in the busy parts of DC there is pretty much nowhere to park legally free of charge). A ticket they themselves will have to pay out of pocket

So basically, driver can be driving to pax destination, and 4 minutes in, they cancel, and driver gets nothing. This has happened to me countless times. I feel cheated. I don't get why they are still allowing this. It's not fair to the driver at all. Driver waste his/her gas and time for nothing, smh

Many pax also cancel during high surges. This is another reason why the 5 minute limit is a negative. They can just check the app and cancel once they realize surge has went down, or even completely died off.

A lot happens in 5 minutes when it comes to the surge so Uber is allowing pax to game the system by giving them so much time before they can cancel without being charged

Canceling a surge ride should be automatic cancellation fee because pax need to be punished for agreeing to a higher price, only to take it back. If they have any doubt about paying the surge they need to F*cking wait it out or get a ride elsewhere. Plain and simple, instead of playing with us drivers. This is the only way the 5 minute limit is justifiable. Most pax don't bother cancelling on a non surge ride from what I have experienced

3 minutes is more than enough time for pax to be ready. Even if pax were charged a dollar for every minute passesed, that's better than the driver getting nothing

Also, a cancelation fee will net you more money than a 1.5 mile trip at normal rates. That's stupid. In DC, minimum you make for a trip after Ubers cut is $3.00. A cancellation fee will net you $3.75 just to compare, and all you had to do is wait 5 minutes. Minimum fare for a ride should be at least $4.00. Uber is nickel and dimming drivers.

For a driver to only make $3.00 in as much as 20 minutes (driving to pax, waiting for pax, driving pax then dropping off pax) is a joke. Do that two more times, you just made $9.00 in 1 hour. You also burned a good chunk of gas. You would be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds. At least they offer benefits and you don't have to waste money on gas and put excessive miles on your vehicle

Last edited:

tohunt4me

I don't understand how Uber gives pax FIVE long minutes to get in the car once driver is confirmed to have arrived before driver can cancel and collect cancellation fee. On top of that, they give pax up to 5 minutes to cancel without being charged a cancellation fee once they book the ride

When picking up pax from busy areas with police patrolling and heavy traffic, a 5 minute wait period is ridiculous. A lot of pax are too dumb to realize they need to be outside and ready in certain areas because driver is risking getting a parking ticket (in the busy parts of DC there is pretty much nowhere to park legally free of charge). A ticket they themselves will have to pay out of pocket

So basically, driver can be driving to pax destination, and 4 minutes in, they cancel, and driver gets nothing. This has happened to me countless times. I feel cheated. I don't get why they are still allowing this. It's not fair to the driver at all. Driver waste his/her gas and time for nothing, smh

Many pax also cancel during high surges. This is another reason why the 5 minute limit is a negative. They can just check the app and cancel once they realize surge has went down, or even completely died off.

Canceling a surge ride should be automatic cancellation fee because pax need to be punished for agreeing to a higher price, only to take it back. If they have any doubt about paying the surge they need to F*cking wait it out. Plain and simple, instead of playing with us drivers. This is the only way the 5 minute limit is justifiable. Most pax don't bother cancelling on a non surge ride from what I have experienced

3 minutes is more than enough time for pax to be ready. Even if pax were charged a dollar for every minute passesed, that's better than the driver getting nothing

Also, a cancelation fee will net you more money than a 1.5 mile trip at normal rates. That's stupid. In DC, minimum you make for a trip after Ubers cut is $3.00. A cancellation fee will net you $3.75 just to compare, and all you had to do is wait 5 minutes. Minimum fare for a ride should be at least $4.00. Uber is nickel and dimming drivers.

For a driver to only make $3.00 in as much as 20 minutes (driving to pax, waiting for pax, driving pax then dropping off pax) is a joke. Do that two more times, you just made $9.00 in 1 hour. You also burned a good chunk of gas. You would be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds. At least they offer benefits

Attachments

CrazyT

I think it would be better to have a sliding scale cancelation fee. Like $1 after 1 minute, $2 after 2 minutes etc, with a cap of it.

Now for busy areas where you have no place to park and wait, if they aren't there I go around the block. If they call with the "where are you?" No explain that they were not outside when I arrived and I couldn't block traffic. I'll be back around in a minute. I'll take a crap rating over a ticket any day.

The other day I had a pax request, I was literally sitting right outside the door. The door was open so the pax could see I arrived. She cancelled while I was in her driveway.

tohunt4me

I think it would be better to have a sliding scale cancelation fee. Like $1 after 1 minute, $2 after 2 minutes etc, with a cap of it.

Now for busy areas where you have no place to park and wait, if they aren't there I go around the block. If they call with the "where are you?" No explain that they were not outside when I arrived and I couldn't block traffic. I'll be back around in a minute. I'll take a crap rating over a ticket any day.

The other day I had a pax request, I was literally sitting right outside the door. The door was open so the pax could see I arrived. She cancelled while I was in her driveway.
I've dropped pax off at a club and gotten ping at same club( before stacked pings)

Some bars,bus stations ,you learn . . . drop off and wait a minute.