Uber Drivers Forum banner

Canceling Rides with Bad Riders.

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Jdemonto 
#1 ·
1. Does anyone have any advice on if a Rider gets belligerent or is extremely Rude, or even unsafe ....Canceling the Ride in the Middle of the Trip to boot them out with out being dinged with a 1 star by them.?

#2 ·
You need to remove yourself from the situation regardless. Stop, Kick them out and immediately report them to Uber (and law enforcement if needed). I'm pretty sure their star rating isn't going to hurt you at that point. Even then, as an Uber driver, I wouldn't worry about your rating that much if you're a good driver. I've been driving around since last year and I don't give out anything (Water, Gum, Mints) nor do I have an Aux port in my car (Which is Odd) and I have a 4.92 rating.

Just drive safely, and carry on a normal interaction with a passenger as you would with anyone else you might meet.

#9 ·
Sorry about the use of the CAPS, I think its habit or over flow of Frustration due to the lack of Uber Response when I ask them questions and they get vague as far as response.

Thank you for the input...

I was just trying to get around the "Ding" of a 1 star, if they get rude. and I slide to stop the trip, instead of Canceling the trip.
Not sure Uber would take my side when it came to booting a person out of the Car for being belligerent. And wave any rating I would get.
Uber's customer service is a joke... the only think they are good at are responding to cleaning fees. Either than that it is all impersonal "cookie cutter" emails that dance around and issue and does not answer a specific question. I am actually going to start a thread on just this!

#10 ·
I had a complete jerk off last week I bit my lip so hard and rated the guy a 3 star. I filed a report and uber blocked them from receiving rides from me. I then noticed I got tagged with several alerts that were false. My guess the pax rated me low then complained. The very next day all the alerts were gone from my app. Perhaps my filing a complaint first helped I'm not really sure.

I would never stop and kick someone out unless your prepared for a physical confrontation. Just ignore them and report them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.