Canceling rides and then pay with cash

poopyhead

If i go to pick up a rider, can they cancel the ride and then pay with cash instead if they think they are going to overdraft or be declined?

Jvc21

At your own risk. Technically it violates uber TOA so you can get deactivated.

Then again, we skirt and bend the rules so much with uber :smiles:

timothyj

If i go to pick up a rider, can they cancel the ride and then pay with cash instead if they think they are going to overdraft or be declined?
don't do it, could be PD/state running an audit or something on drivers. It is illegal. If uber finds out, they will permanently ban you, not worth it. Not to mention if you get into an accident, you are not covered.

PTUber

On a similar note I picked up 3 young ladies downtown last night going to Farmington (1.7x). They said their Uber driver that took them DT fleeced them for extra cash $20. He said because he had to drive so far they owed him more money.

timothyj

On a similar note I picked up 3 young ladies downtown last night going to Farmington (1.7x). They said their Uber driver that took them DT fleeced them for extra cash $20. He said because he had to drive so far they owed him more money.
In theory I suppose there is no actual recourse. It's a case of he said she said even if they reported him. I'd never do it, but it's a clever trick if someone pisses you off.