Canceled ride then get abuse

ThatUBERman

I cancelled a job, after 5 minutes of waiting. Then call up the rider, only to be told to wait some more....then get calls from rider asking where am I? Why did I cancel ? I thought our numbers are blocked out. But riders can call us after cancellation. I was stupid to go back to rider- I'm sure I received one star for trying to be a considerate driver

Last edited:

uberboy77

I cancelled a job, after 5 minutes of waiting. Then call up the rider, only to be told to wait some more....then get calls from rider asking where am I? Why did I cancel ? I thought our numbers are blocked out. But riders can call us after cancellation. I was stupid to go back to rider- I'm sure one star for trying to be thatUBERman.

I have a policy of no calling, no texting. 5 minutes to get into my car or I'm taking your money no questions about it.

ThatUBERman

Good policy. The app should delete our phone numbers from the riders after cancellation. Uber wants us to wait- call- then maybe wait some more.... It's hard trying to be 5 star

ThatUBERman

What ride share timer app?? I look at the clock on my dashboard and wait 5 minutes. Once my dashboard clock has past 5 minutes- I'll call. I think calling them isn't a good option; since the app texts them. In future- cancel and don't answer calls! This way - they can't abuse you

Avenig

Yeah a cancelled rider still have a limited time to call back then it expires. Just don't answer it. I only accidentally answered it once because I thought it was the next rider giving me a call.

Moe27

I responded to a ping last night and went to the address. Waited 5 mins but no rider. Try to cancel the ride and chose the 'rider no-show' option. It tells me this is an invalid request. I had to shutdown the uber app and restart. Has this happened to anyone else?

uberboy77

I responded to a ping last night and went to the address. Waited 5 mins but no rider. Try to cancel the ride and chose the 'rider no-show' option. It tells me this is an invalid request. I had to shutdown the uber app and restart. Has this happened to anyone else?

All the time. Gave up trying to contact Uber as it seems to still add the cancellation fare when I go back into the app

ThatUBERman

All the time. Gave up trying to contact Uber as it seems to still add the cancellation fare when I go back into the app
Well I then emailed UBER to ask for a fare adjustment. ( I had to ask PAX to rebook me- after 2-3 other requests came thru I then accept them).

I start the trip late- after listening to PAX tell me they are running late for a flight!!! I tap the NEED HELP? Box at the end of trip- waste more time emailing UBER; then get a reply to login to my dashboard?? And get the trip job number.

At the end of email- it says; the fastest way to get a response from any request- is to tap NEED HELP? At the bottom of app; once last job is completed. Which is what I did!!!!

I'm burning time chasing cancelled, late and ungrateful PAX, and UBER give me double talk replies to adjust my fare???

Mizan

Rule # 1, if you get cancellation fees, never ever pick that pax, go off line for a while or move on.

I dont have fix policy to call or not calling depends upon the mood or the place i am waiting, last week, after reaching i was waiting then the pax called, sorry long address actually we are at ........ restaurant, it was late night, i know if i cancel now easy i can make $8.00, but the way she talked i could not cancel the trip, that trip gave me sweet $79.00!

Might be i was lucky

Grand

Unfortunately it is a big learning curve. One of my early cancel no show jobs (before I found this forum) I did not log off, then accepted the next ping which was the same pax. BIG mistake. Pax abused me and said he was reporting me etc etc.
As mentioned above-
CANCEL no show
LOGOFF and don't answer calls
Drive a few kms away and wait awhile before logging back in.

Uber takes the side of the pax in most cases and even taken away the cancel fee. Pax lie.
CHECK YOUR TRIPS.
Uber have stated they will NOT change the
pax rating of you irrespective of the reason.
And pax don't get access removed based on rating. YOU DO!!

For all newbies - read thru this forum as most issues have been covered.

Having said all this I have been guilty depending on the vibe.
I had one pax who I rang and she said she was going to airport and would be a few minutes. Started trip (naughty). She was 10 mins but nice lady and good $$.
Another job I accepted, 4.3 pax. Took 15 mins to get there, rang and she said she would be a minute. Bad vib. Cancelled after more than 5mins, drove away, logged off and ignored the phone calls. Pax had more than 20 mins to be "on the curb". (college in Sydney Olympic Park).
Another early trip. Pax rang on approach and told me to back up car into driveway and open boot. I ignored the vib. Major domestic. Car was filled up with usual clothes etc and groceries. On the trip pax abused me for not taking HER side.

Moe27

There systems will have logged it so you should be fine. Let us know how you go.
They responded to my email and advised that I had waited under 5 minutes and was thus ineligible for a cancellation fee. I responded by asking how long I waited before cancelling as I'm 100% sure it was over 5 minutes. Someone else then responded and told me I was right and I would get the cancellation fee in the next payment statement.

uberboy77

They responded to my email and advised that I had waited under 5 minutes and was thus ineligible for a cancellation fee. I responded by asking how long I waited before cancelling as I'm 100% sure it was over 5 minutes. Someone else then responded and told me I was right and I would get the cancellation fee in the next payment statement.

You need to persevere with them sometimes. I'm glad that it worked out in your favour. Another tip is to watch that riders don't ring up post cancellation and make up an excuse to get the cancellation fee reversed. Always watch your pay statement closely, customers can be sneaky at times. Have a good afternoon

frfu8670

I have two phones with internet access each with the Uber Partner app installed. Upon each 5 mins wasted and therefore being cancelled by me, I make sure I switch phones (not phone numbers) and turn the phone I just cancelled on to flight mode and fire up the second phone. It comes in handy sometimes :smiles:

Adieu

Unfortunately it is a big learning curve. One of my early cancel no show jobs (before I found this forum) I did not log off, then accepted the next ping which was the same pax. BIG mistake. Pax abused me and said he was reporting me etc etc.
As mentioned above-
CANCEL no show
LOGOFF and don't answer calls
Drive a few kms away and wait awhile before logging back in.

Uber takes the side of the pax in most cases and even taken away the cancel fee. Pax lie.
CHECK YOUR TRIPS.
Uber have stated they will NOT change the
pax rating of you irrespective of the reason.
And pax don't get access removed based on rating. YOU DO!!

For all newbies - read thru this forum as most issues have been covered.

Having said all this I have been guilty depending on the vibe.
I had one pax who I rang and she said she was going to airport and would be a few minutes. Started trip (naughty). She was 10 mins but nice lady and good $$.
Another job I accepted, 4.3 pax. Took 15 mins to get there, rang and she said she would be a minute. Bad vib. Cancelled after more than 5mins, drove away, logged off and ignored the phone calls. Pax had more than 20 mins to be "on the curb". (college in Sydney Olympic Park).
Another early trip. Pax rang on approach and told me to back up car into driveway and open boot. I ignored the vib. Major domestic. Car was filled up with usual clothes etc and groceries. On the trip pax abused me for not taking HER side.

I met a guy at a Mobil whose entire Uber MO was double-collecting barf fees, and that included intentionally hitting wasted pax with max'd heater on full abd driving erratically to make them throw up...

Ughh. Not my thing.

But, anyway, I asked him how he manages the guaranteed complaints and ratings nightmare.

Dude said he preemptively complains, and in fact spams Uber support stubbornly until they remove any bad ratings and complaints as malicoous!

It's his advice that got me to do it on Lyft (the moaning not the barf fees)! Far smoother sailing since

Works on both platforms. It seems. Since I use it on Lyft based on advice from an Uber.

There's definite strategy involved and a learning curve. But, with practise and enough whining, sometimes support will even clear a 1* that WASN'T from anybody/any ride you had the presence of mind to complain about... even seems to have its own template, smthn like "we know you're tryiny and its frustrating. The pax in question gave you 5*, however you did receive N 1-star ratings without comments, abdwe have excluded them for you. Have a great day, hope this helps, please contact about any further issues"

...the only thing lacking is a "tip your CSR" button!!!!

And once I even masscleared like 10 ratings due to continued complaints about an update and its new lying/glitching ETA