Cancel fee

Strange Fruit

Always remember to use yr turn signals at all appropriate times. Even when ur going to slow down and pull over, not just when turning. And maybe well before u turn, like to signal that ur going to turn, not wait til the time u are already turning. & don't sit at a red light and wait til it turns green to signal, or slow down to turn right then signal. If it's something u would want from others while driving, then others probably will appreciate it too. Thank you. Many people will appreciate it.

I have a dream, of day when all drivers, cretin or not, will make the, admittedly strenuous, effort of flexing their wrist about 30 degrees, to turn the flashy lights on to make driving better for all of us.

Last edited:

Whistler

How about pulling ALL THE WAY over into a driveway when there's an opportunity to do so instead of blocking the street ?

I know Fedex/UPS/Every other Truck in the city won't park at a meter because they don't want to fork over a quarter and would rather block the street instead (because they know they won't get a ticket for double parking) ... but we can be better... can't we ???

^^^Did I say all that too coherently ?

Blue Poodle

Always remember to use yr turn signals at all appropriate times. Even when ur going to slow down and pull over, not just when turning. And maybe well before u turn, like to signal that ur going to turn, not wait til the time u are already turning. & don't sit at a red light and wait til it turns green to signal, or slow down to turn right then signal. If it's something u would want from others while driving, then others probably will appreciate it too. Thank you. Many people will appreciate it.

I have a dream, of day when all drivers, cretin or not, will make the, admittedly strenuous, effort of flexing their wrist about 30 degrees, to turn the flashy lights on to make driving better for all of us.

I use my right hand turn signal when driving in taxi/bus lanes.

Strange Fruit

How about pulling ALL THE WAY over into a driveway when there's an opportunity to do so instead of blocking the street ?
Or even always, if the rider isn't ready. U seen those who actually stop right next to the open space? It blows my mind. I try to shame glare them but they have a habit of not looking at everyone who is going around them. Stopped on Hyde street at rush hr, line of cars backed up for 2 blocks. Do they have a conscience? Does Uber attract cretins or does it just give an opportunity for the cretins to shine all cretinesque?
I know Fedex/UPS/Every other Truck in the city won't park at a meter because they don't want to fork over a quarter and would rather block the street instead (because they know they won't get a ticket for double parking) ... but we can be better... can't we ???
Actually, they get cited just as anyone else does. They're private vehicles like we are. Company pays the ticket like we would pay our ticket (according to yucklyftline), and it's more expensive than a parking ticket for not paying meter. Company would probably fork over quarters too if that was feasible, or possibly gamble like I do when parked a short time. I've probably parked at least enuff short times to have saved $66 by now, so if I get a ticket eventually I'm still ahead. I don't mind paying, I just forget.

"I'm a cretin in a PriusV, & I don't pull over"
20170312_135903.jpg

Working and Driving

UPS and FedEx are the biggest ticket getters in the city. The have an arrangement where they pay monthly, sometimes over $100k in a single month. The only ones that don't get tickets are mail trucks, they're exempt because of being US government vehicles.

Strange Fruit

Double parked trucks don't get ticketed that often or they wouldn't do it ALL THE TIME.
UPS and FedEx are the biggest ticket getters in the city. The have an arrangement where they pay monthly, sometimes over $100k in a single month. The only ones that don't get tickets are mail trucks, they're exempt because of being US government vehicles.
Smacked that too confident assumption down.

And here's one stopped in the street at rush hr, (white car on left), no rider in sight. I know, cuz I was behind awhile waiting for my chance to get over aftwr all the other cars went by. Notice how far up the street lights are green and how far the left lane is empty for. He was there awhile, lookin oblivious.
20170912_190858.jpg

Don't ask if that was a good time to take a picture cuz it wasn't. I didn't try to aim much or anything tho and I was stopped. There's some crerins here sometimes. I just want to hear what these people have to say for themselves, but everyone here "doesn't do this". Not even the cretins?