Cancel Fee Now Charged After 2 Minutes - Big Improvement!

AllenChicago

November 17, 2017

Got this e-mail from Lyft Today... (copy/paste)

"2-Minute Cancellation Window
Previously, passengers had up to five minutes to cancel a ride without being charged a fee. Now, you'll receive that fee if they cancel after two minutes."

Should we assume that the cancellation fee will be paid to us, no matter how close, or far away we are from the pick-up location? No more rat's maze of rules for us to navigate, in order to get the fee?

I bet this will cut down on LYFT cancelling our rides, because another driver pops-up closer to the passenger....or some V.I.P. driver is suddenly available.

-Allen in Chicagoland

LyftinCG

The long trip alert they are implementing is pretty cool too - though I usually take them even when I know (scheduled etc.) I live in an exurb so they are pretty common - not a lot of choice.

AllenChicago

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes agreed, it's a good thing. I really like it and should of been added long time ago
Lyft says that they reduced the time from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, based on driver feedback in those surveys the company sends out. If you look around the forum, there are plenty of posts from drivers complaining about Lyft's cancellation policy.

This is better for Lyft too, because it gets us back in Online-Available mode faster. And weeds out a lot of the passengers who order Lyft and Uber, then cancel Lyft if the Uber driver appears to be on his/her way faster.

We as drivers just have to make sure we don't abuse this, or Lyft revert back to 5 minutes, in a heartbeat.

PickEmUp

November 17, 2017

Got this e-mail from Lyft Today... (copy/paste)

"2-Minute Cancellation Window
Previously, passengers had up to five minutes to cancel a ride without being charged a fee. Now, you'll receive that fee if they cancel after two minutes."

Should we assume that the cancellation fee will be paid to us, no matter how close, or far away we are from the pick-up location? No more rat's maze of rules for us to navigate, in order to get the fee?

I bet this will cut down on LYFT cancelling our rides, because another driver pops-up closer to the passenger....or some V.I.P. driver is suddenly available.

-Allen in Chicagoland
Too little, too late. Lyft is winning the race toward irrelevance.

fairsailing

Maybe Lyft will reduce their deductible to under Uber's $1,000, better making the case that they are Actually the driver friendly company. My personal deductible is $500 and I pass on some rides due to Lyft's $2,500 deductible.

AllenChicago

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe Lyft will reduce their deductible to under Uber's $1,000, better making the case that they are Actually the driver friendly company. My personal deductible is $500 and I pass on some rides due to Lyft's $2,500 deductible.
Lyft says that their "average" driver earns $147 @ week. In their mind, that income makes it easy for us to afford the $2,500 deductible.

Reminds me of how ObamaCare says if you earn more than $48,000, the $1,100 a month health premium should be no problem for you to pay. No subsidy assistance granted.

The people in power are... I can't really think of the word. Not "evil", but close to it.

Woohaa

Good. Don't order until you're ready. Can't tell you how many times I get to a pick up point and the pax calls with "hey gimme a few minutes to finish getting ready."

Gonna be nice to hit no-show after 2 mins instead of 5.

JJS

5 min timer still here in Seattle.

The "Bailout" has not changed. They are trying to get pickup times between 3-5 minutes (major metro). If you take a ping 7 min out and there are a ton of drivers EXPECT to get the bailout! Change how you think about this. This is more efficient for us and frustrating at the same time.:rolleyes:. I hate when it happens and know they may have saved me some frustration after driving 16 min to take someone three blocks.... :smiles:

fairsailing

Some?

How do you decide which ones to pass on?

Are you sure that the reason you pass on them is because of the high deductible?
For example, the amount of PT it takes for me to take commuters into downtown during rush hour in stop and go driving is more than if the deductible matches my personal deductible. I will also turn off availability if I am passing through areas that I know have a history of traffic accidents.

Am I sure? No, the deductible is one of many factors I take into consideration on every ride.

Over/Uber

How do you know which rides you might crash so as to avoid them?

NM, just saw your response above. Now I know there is such a thing as too much risk management. To each...