Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

"Can you pop the trunk for me" *car doesn't have that feature*

5K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Fuber in their faces 
#1 ·
"Oh, so you're saying you don't want to do it?"
:mad:

My car isn't particularly recent, but it's not old either (09 Hyundai)

Are pax so used to more new cars with that feature that they expect it out of all of them?

#4 ·
Jump out and open it with a spare key.

Will make you seem helpful and enthusiastic !

Camouflage your outdated equipment with your seeming willingness to help !
No, never leave a key in the car when you get out. These are drunk, crazy pax! Also, don't pop the trunk then sit on your butt while the pax puts things in or out of the trunk. Instead, DO NOT ALLOW them to put things in or take them out. I got huge scratches on my trunk from a psycho pax after making that mistake! Claim insurance won't allow them to move things in or out and do it for them.

#9 ·
This

PAX will drag their luggage across the back end of your bumper and scratch the hell out of it in a matter of seconds. I always open my trunk manually and load bags and luggage, even though my vehicle features a full lifting solenoid that opens the trunk all of the way smoothly. I always load and unload luggage, but I have to be quick, as Pax will try to open themselves and heavy rings and jewelry can leave a lot of micro-scratches, especially after a few hundred clumsy, ham-handed pax clawing at the trunk handle.

#23 ·
Maybe car manufacturers can help by:
1 - make the area around the trunk scratch proof - my mom is just as likely to drag luggage across the bumper as a pax is etc...
2 - make it super obvious WHERE to grab or push to release the trunk from outside - even i fumble to find the magic button hidden under the trunk lid when trying to open trunks on different cars

#24 ·
Explain to your pax that this feature is omitted in many vehicles for safety reasons ...

Think about it...

You crank your car in the garage to warm it up. Your 3 and 6 year old get in, they shut the doors. Cool. The car is fairly well sealed from the CO gas coming from the exhaust. Except, if your kids start pushing buttons, as all kids do, and open the trunk from inside the pax compartment. Now there is no seal. Now the CO is in the car. With your kids.

Does that make you want to go pull out the fuse to your newfangled trunk release button?

#29 ·
New? My car is only 7 years old and doesn't have an in cab trunk button, not to mention old Ford Crown Vics do, it has nothing to do with the age of the vehicle, just the model and wether the manufacturer thinks about adding that feature

I just get out and open it for them, though it does get annoying, I agree

#30 ·
My buddy had an older Toyota Corolla once. It was the most basic model. It didn’t have an option to open the trunk with a lever/button inside of the car. Or did it have a mirror on the passenger side door. You had to use a key to open the trunk. So probably OPs Hyundai is a basic model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.