"Can you pop the trunk for me" *car doesn't have that feature*

MaximusMurkimus

"Oh, so you're saying you don't want to do it?"
:mad:

My car isn't particularly recent, but it's not old either (09 Hyundai)

Are pax so used to more new cars with that feature that they expect it out of all of them?

Tim In Cleveland

Jump out and open it with a spare key.

Will make you seem helpful and enthusiastic !

Camouflage your outdated equipment with your seeming willingness to help !
No, never leave a key in the car when you get out. These are drunk, crazy pax! Also, don't pop the trunk then sit on your butt while the pax puts things in or out of the trunk. Instead, DO NOT ALLOW them to put things in or take them out. I got huge scratches on my trunk from a psycho pax after making that mistake! Claim insurance won't allow them to move things in or out and do it for them.

MaximusMurkimus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2009 Tuscon.

If it's an option then I haven't seen it yet

I just found out recently that my steering wheel height could be adjusted >_>

terrifiedanimal

No, never leave a key in the car when you get out. These are drunk, crazy pax! Also, don't pop the trunk then sit on your butt while the pax puts things in or out of the trunk. Instead, DO NOT ALLOW them to put things in or take them out. I got huge scratches on my trunk from a psycho pax after making that mistake! Claim insurance won't allow them to move things in or out and do it for them.
This

PAX will drag their luggage across the back end of your bumper and scratch the hell out of it in a matter of seconds. I always open my trunk manually and load bags and luggage, even though my vehicle features a full lifting solenoid that opens the trunk all of the way smoothly. I always load and unload luggage, but I have to be quick, as Pax will try to open themselves and heavy rings and jewelry can leave a lot of micro-scratches, especially after a few hundred clumsy, ham-handed pax clawing at the trunk handle.

MaximusMurkimus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This

PAX will drag their luggage across the back end of your bumper and scratch the hell out of it in a matter of seconds. I always open my trunk manually and load bags and luggage, even though my vehicle features a full lifting solenoid that opens the trunk all of the way smoothly. I always load and unload luggage, but I have to be quick, as Pax will try to open themselves and heavy rings and jewelry can leave a lot of micro-scratches, especially after a few hundred clumsy, ham-handed pax clawing at the trunk handle.
TBH I'm not paid to handle luggage, especially without tips.

My car has more than a few battle scars so I'm not particularly concerned with any scratches, especially when I probably have done worse.

shiftydrake

I have been told....."thank you for opening trunk and loading my luggage a lot of people don't " I always unload and pull handle out and get tipped very well....but then again I'm a taxi driver so I don't know anything *shrugs*

Atom guy

2009 Tuscon.

If it's an option then I haven't seen it yet

I just found out recently that my steering wheel height could be adjusted >_>
Your 09 Tucson doesn't have a trunk release. It is unlocked when the doors are unlocked. You just pull the handle and it opens. So to "pop" the trunk, hit your door unlock button.

Your car is an taxi. Your purpose in life is to now turn that car into a pile of junk in exchange for the value -25%

Last edited by a moderator: