• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can you live off Uber in Leicester,UK?

AlexLeic

Hi all. Thanks for reading and any info you can provide. I am looking to become an uber driver in and around Leicester, where I live.

I understand there's some licence and fees that need to be paid beforehand but before I even get into those costs, is it worth it? Can you make a living doing Uber in Leicester and around? I would need to get a car with uber and that also comes with its own costs. Are there any drivers in the area that can give some insight and advice?

Thank you in advance,
Alex

AlexLeic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Around Leicestershire probably not but Leicester city yes.
Thanks for the reply. I asked around some other drivers who said they work 70+ hours a week though did not disclose how much that brings them. I understand you make as much as you're willing to work but only if you work more than the standard 40 hrs a week a minimum wage job would entail? How many hours are a reasonable way to make a living?

madhatter

I don't do Leicester so can't comment but like you say. Put the hours in you will be OK not rich but fine