Can you imagine the pax with this:

Ubermanpt

Ride uberPOOL for $1

Unlock $1 uberPOOL trips when you purchase a POOL Pass. For a one-time fee of $30, your Pass guarantees that your first 20 uberPOOL trips in August will cost $1 each.

Your trips can be taken anytime, and must begin and end within the designated zone. The zone stretches across the DC metro area from Clarendon, to Cleveland Park, to Capitol Hill.

PURCHASE YOUR POOL PASS

Passes on sale through noon on July 31

How to purchase

Open the app before July 31 at noon and make sure your pin (pickup location) is set within the designated zone.

Select the POOL Pass option at the bottom right.

Select "Buy uberPOOL Pass" and you'll be automatically charged a fee of $30 for the 20 ride pass. You will receive a receipt confirming your purchase.

The details

Rides are a flat $1 fare on uberPOOL, regardless of demand. To qualify, trips must meet the following requirements:
  • Occur between August 1-31
  • Begin and end within the designated zone (see map for details)
  • Applicable on up to 20 trips
  • Only 1 pass per person

Last edited by a moderator:

John Highway

Note that the value of the pool trip has to start and end in the designated zone. So, you'll get a some arse of a rider saying that he didn't get the cheap rate because of the conditions.

I'll be in North Carolina when this crap starts... not that I would even accept uberPOOL.

nutzareus

I was driving through that zone an hour ago. I rarely drive there, work put me there so I turned on app just to see the action. Pool after Pool after Pool requests! I was put in Virtual Corner immediately.

UberSaur

Ride uberPOOL for $1

Unlock $1 uberPOOL trips when you purchase a POOL Pass. For a one-time fee of $30, your Pass guarantees that your first 20 uberPOOL trips in August will cost $1 each.

Your trips can be taken anytime, and must begin and end within the designated zone. The zone stretches across the DC metro area from Clarendon, to Cleveland Park, to Capitol Hill.

PURCHASE YOUR POOL PASS

Passes on sale through noon on July 31

How to purchase

Open the app before July 31 at noon and make sure your pin (pickup location) is set within the designated zone.

Select the POOL Pass option at the bottom right.

Select "Buy uberPOOL Pass" and you'll be automatically charged a fee of $30 for the 20 ride pass. You will receive a receipt confirming your purchase.

The details

Rides are a flat $1 fare on uberPOOL, regardless of demand. To qualify, trips must meet the following requirements:
  • Occur between August 1-31
  • Begin and end within the designated zone (see map for details)
  • Applicable on up to 20 trips
  • Only 1 pass per person
Good luck if the pax think they'll get picked up by UberSaur

Last edited by a moderator:

t5contra

I am assuming it will be nothing but pool requests starting in August and uberx will become a thing of the past or for emergencies only when time is of the essence. From the pax perspective, why wouldn't you take the pool for a buck... ? I am sure pax will find a way to cheat the system and create additional accounts because again, why wouldn't they...

Last edited:

Ubermanpt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just came home thru all the downtown traffic and taking one of these pools, even at surge, would be $7-8 minimum and take at least 1/2 hour , more likely more.

Ubermanpt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Get ready for some super uber pool incentives coming up. It'll be the only way they can handle all the request. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave everyone hourly guarantees where they have to accept all rides for the month of August. And with all the safe ride fees from pax they wouldn't lose that much money doing it, while getting pax hooked on pool. Stay tuned!!