1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Can you get deactivated

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Ernesto0817, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Ernesto0817

Ernesto0817 Active Member

If i have low acceptance rate because i am trying to get a 45 min trip ?? Only deactivated if i cancel too much correct ? Reason i am asking is i am tired 4 dollar rides and 7 dollar rides

MaineMasai likes this.
  2. Pax Collector

Pax Collector Well-Known Member

They don't care about your acceptance rate, only cancellation. Pick and choose all you want, just try not to cancel too many trips after accepting them.

3. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

Technically no, but they have ALL the cards and there is alot of grey area for both Uber and Lyft to operate in behind the app. Depending on your market whether there is a surplus of drivers, what hours you drive etc. they can and will decrease (throttle down) the number of pings you get.

DustyChode, ROTA and Brian G. like this.
  4. Tysmith95

Tysmith95 Well-Known Member

It's illegal for them to deactivate you for acceptance rate. According to the courts that would mean that you would be classified as an employee, and therefore you would qualify for things like health insurance or a minimum wage along with the standard mileage rate.

WelcomeTree likes this.
  5. Ernesto0817

Ernesto0817 Active Member

Good to know since i did this on a friday got a 1.5x 1hr trip notification made 70 bucks

2Cents likes this.
  6. DONALDTRUMPSHAIR

DONALDTRUMPSHAIR Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Stop spreading misinformation.

There has never been any proof of this statement.

7. Mvlab

Mvlab Well-Known Member

There is no proof of the opposite either.

Roadmasta, DustyChode, ROTA and 3 others like this.
  8. E30addixt

E30addixt Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Can you prove it's mis-information?

No one has access to the data to prove what they do or don't do either way.

There seems to be an awful lot of drivers complaining how slow it is sometimes yet drivers in the same area are getting ping after ping....

Some things don't add up there. There's apparently more that goes on behind the scenes then we are knowledgeable about.

Just because it can't be proved conclusively doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

9. Tysmith95

With regards to profitability I don't think that waiting for the 45+ notification would be profitable. Those trips are rare enough where you'd have to sit there and reject 100 or more trips to get the long trip notification. So you could sit there for hours before getting a ride.

10. E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    PM Kos, maybe he'll tell you how long it takes to cherry pick :D

11. B - uberlyftdriver

B - uberlyftdriver Well-Known Member

i have played it both ways and there is a definite difference in the amount of pings and quality of rides i get when AR is low.
    this happens on both apps

when all you guys that play games are complaining about making no money, i still make the same amount year round, that is proof enough for me

its truth they cannot deactivate you, but they can certainly give you less work and f with you
    some think they can outsmart AI, good luck

12. DONALDTRUMPSHAIR

DONALDTRUMPSHAIR Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Here is an excellent read for you two: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-some-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories/

13. E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    Two things jump out at me. The word "sometimes" and this quote...

"None of the above should indicate that all conspiracy theories are false. Some may indeed turn out to be true."

So, as I said, none of us have sufficient data to conclusively prove anything, but that doesn't mean what was said isn't true ;)

Ghwwe72 likes this.
  14. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

How many lifetime rides do you have kitty grabber? Uber/Lyft or both?

15. Lunger

Lunger Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The general conscientious is that Uber doesn't care about your acceptance rate becasue they can't deactivate you for a low one. But, I believe, with a low acceptance rate you get pushed ****ter rides.

Elmo Burrito likes this.
  16. Brian G.

Brian G. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Damn I always let those 45+ min runs. I like those 15-20 10 mile runs which keeps me within or at least close to a ride right after I drop off. I'll take a ride to Burlington, Waltham and maybe Lexington but that depends on the time of day. Oh to answer your question no you will not be deactivated.

Tysmith95 likes this.
  17. Mvlab

Mvlab Well-Known Member

18. ROTA

ROTA Well-Known Member

They are rare if you dont know how to get then

19. Tysmith95

I don't want to get them unless it's surging.

20. john1975

john1975 Well-Known Member

I think for those of us with a life the thought of sitting around waiting for the long trip is hard to understand. But if people don’t mind wasting all day on the app I guess more power to them.