• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can you end a ride early and throw a Pax out?

FAC

I typically stop driving around 10pm to avoid the drunks. Friday I did my first 10-2am drive. Nearly everyone drunk but happy go lucky drunks. Then I had a group of 4 men visiting from Chicago. Midway through the ride the three in the backseat started offering to perform very explicit sexual acts on me. At first it didn't bother me but the more explicit and intent they were getting the more insulted I became. I never felt unsafe. They never gave the impression they would harm me. They were just horny @@@@@@@ drunk men who'd likely proposition me (or any female) the same way in the bar. They did give me a $25 cash tip I guess realizing they were assholes.

It's one thing to be propositioned in a bar, but completely disrespectful to do so in my car. I was driving Uber so I know they wouldnt care or do anything if I reported them bc they were just talking disrespectly towards me. But if something like that happens again, am I allowed to stop the car and throw out the passengers?

FAC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes you are and then follow immediately up with a report to uber. Make it sound as bad as you possibly can, maybe get the account holder deactivated.
But it's been my experience Uber takes the customer side not the drivers. I know I should get a drive cam but not really excited about coughing up $175.

Choochie

But it's been my experience Uber takes the customer side not the drivers. I know I should get a drive cam but not really excited about coughing up $175.
I've got a camera, but in my state you can not record audio without permission. Although if you tell them you are recording when they get in the car it is legal. But they can tell you they don't want you to record audio, so what have you gained.

Ben105

I wouldn't tie up the 911 lines for this. In some places, calling 911 often results in a busy signal and we don't want to add to that.

Call 911 if you feel threatened or in danger, but not because you're offended. I completely understand that the OP is saying and I would also let them out of the car, but I wouldn't call 911. She said she didn't feel threatened or unsafe.

Tequila Jake

Yes, you can throw them out. Drive to a police station or a very well lit 24 hour convenience store. Most Circle-Ks and 7-11s have security cameras all over the parking lot.

And 1* them and report them to Uber. At the least the moron requesting the ride may get deactivated.

And maybe, just maybe, the next morning the idiots will realize what asses they made of themselves.

Choochie

I typically stop driving around 10pm to avoid the drunks. Friday I did my first 10-2am drive. Nearly everyone drunk but happy go lucky drunks. Then I had a group of 4 men visiting from Chicago. Midway through the ride the three in the backseat started offering to perform very explicit sexual acts on me. At first it didn't bother me but the more explicit and intent they were getting the more insulted I became. I never felt unsafe. They never gave the impression they would harm me. They were just horny @@@@@@@ drunk men who'd likely proposition me (or any female) the same way in the bar. They did give me a $25 cash tip I guess realizing they were assholes.

It's one thing to be propositioned in a bar, but completely disrespectful to do so in my car. I was driving Uber so I know they wouldnt care or do anything if I reported them bc they were just talking disrespectly towards me. But if something like that happens again, am I allowed to stop the car and throw out the passengers?
Maybe that's why I don't receive tips because I don't just sit there and be quiet when that happens, I shut it right down.

Uberchampion

Shoot. It sucks that this happened to you. Some guys are just idiots and there's nothing you can do about it other than calling them on their crap.

Either way, I'm glad that you got out of the ride with just bad feelings and nothing violent happened to you. A dashcam is a really really good investment. The one I have is fully visible and most pax ask about it during the ride. It doesn't really work very well but just the fact that people see it probably keeps pax in check.

FAC

Yes, you can throw them out. Drive to a police station or a very well lit 24 hour convenience store. Most Circle-Ks and 7-11s have security cameras all over the parking lot.

And 1* them and report them to Uber. At the least the moron requesting the ride may get deactivated.

And maybe, just maybe, the next morning the idiots will realize what asses they made of themselves.
Good advice. I wasn't in any danger as they were harmless drunks. I just didn't appreciate being disrespected like that in my car. Even with the $25 cash tip. If that happened in a bar is probably throw a drink in their face. At the minimum walk away. Hard to do that when they are pax, so I like the idea of dropping them off at a 7/11, Circle K, or all night grocery (here they have cams everywhere too).

FAC

Shoot. It sucks that this happened to you. Some guys are just idiots and there's nothing you can do about it other than calling them on their crap.

Either way, I'm glad that you got out of the ride with just bad feelings and nothing violent happened to you. A dashcam is a really really good investment. The one I have is fully visible and most pax ask about it during the ride. It doesn't really work very well but just the fact that people see it probably keeps pax in check.
Yeah I never felt they would be violent. Just jerks. I also got pepper spray in my drivers door pocket just in case. I'm definately getting a dash cam. Even if it doesn't work. I also got inspired by a note attached to my invoice after I had my car fixed at the dealer. Forgot the wording, but it was something in the effect they strive to provide the best service to get 10/10 rating. I thought I might make a similar sign but add to it "Smile your on Candid Camera"

shiftydrake

Being a cab driver for 12 years I can give you some help...... First of all the "perk" of being independent contractor is #1 your car..your rules. #2 if at ANYTIME you don't want to complete trip pull over ask them to get out but I say "have a good night" .......if after askungfor them to get out they refuse say "please get out or the Police will get you out".. Nicely of course.....if you have to call Police then step out of car,grab keys,lock doors, then call Police,.......... #3 if you can tell problems might come up then drive away...no harm no foul....then of course report all of the above to company you drive for....no needing to be hateful, or rude just if you don't want to complete ride end it regardless of where you are be it gas station, highway, road, doesn't matter we have right to refuse service to anybody ANYTIME