Can you drop off at SFO without a business license?

Milpitasuberguy

With the new business license requirement for the city of San Francisco can you drop off at SFO without the business license?

manuella

Yes. SFO doesn't check. They don't even check if green card has same plate as car.
And no one checks if rear uber sign right way ( so many moron drivers with them backwards and in wrong location)
They check at the lot ! I believe it's auditing which they use to bargain with uber or lyft . They look at your license plate write it down then check the back / front for the rideshare logo. at sfo you will probably earn a ticket if it's not all on depending on your luck

Genini-Contractor

They check at the lot ! I believe it's auditing which they use to bargain with uber or lyft . They look at your license plate write it down then check the back / front for the rideshare logo. at sfo you will probably earn a ticket if it's not all on depending on your luck
Yup. Someone is always looking at the cars coming in the lot.

nash801

I have been in the TNC lot and seen them actually go car to car checking the bona fides of the Green card.
The morons who quote-unquote work at the lot don't enforce anything. It's supposed to be a 30-minute limit waiting there and they don't enforce that. And a bunch of people don't have the right uber stickers on their car or placed in the right position. I've seen several Uber cars on the road with no license plates. Who has been informed while driving that they don't have a business license? I really doubt anybody is checking for that on the street at this time. It's more a city thing to get money in the mail and if you didn't pay they just add interest on to it and send you a bill

manuella

The morons who quote-unquote work at the lot don't enforce anything. It's supposed to be a 30-minute limit waiting there and they don't enforce that. And a bunch of people don't have the right uber stickers on their car or placed in the right position. I've seen several Uber cars on the road with no license plates. Who has been informed while driving that they don't have a business license? I really doubt anybody is checking for that on the street at this time. It's more a city thing to get money in the mail and if you didn't pay they just add interest on to it and send you a bill
I'm sure if they want to start chasing us out after 30 minutes they can , They just realize how unreasonable it is as of now.

I thought of the 30 minutes while trying to get a select ride and was grateful they choose not to bother us about it haha

ResIpsaUber

I wasn't talking about the lot attendants. I was referring to badged employees going car to car and reviewing paperwork with drivers who were not in compliance. I have no idea who the were. I assumed some kind of airport personnel. They spent a lot of time with one driver in particular. I have no idea what their business with him was, but they sure did not like his answers.

Max Weber

With the new business license requirement for the city of San Francisco can you drop off at SFO without the business license?
Short answer is no. Of course its your risk to take if you want to keep doing it. You have better odds of getting away with it if you go completely stealth (no trade dress, take your phone off the mount, have passenger sit up front with you) and only drop off at the terminals then leave immediately. Mind you, they do enforcement at the terminals as well, you could be unlucky and get busted. This also assumes that Uber hasn't already ratted you out to the city like they did to everyone else.