1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Can you dispute ratings?

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by jRockstan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. jRockstan

jRockstan Active Member

Like ebay feedback, can you dispute Uber ratings and have them removed?

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. novadrivergal

novadrivergal Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If your reasons are rational and backed up by the record of what happened on your ride, AND you have good standing as a driver, Lyft is good about this. Uber will say no or tell you they will do it but won't.

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Matador350

Matador350 New Member

I've sent them an email just now about a 1 start rating I received. My track record shows (25) 5 star and (4) 4 star rating before I got hit with the 1 start that dropped my rating down quite a bit. I just want an explanation as to why I got the 1 star since they didn't leave any feedback.

upyouruber, Duber12 and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Ubernic

Ubernic Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    How do you know what they rated you? All I see if 5 stars or non 5 stars.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Figure it out mathematically

6. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

There are a few posts of people claiming they have been successful getting an unfair rating removed but i have not been successful. I had a puker, he rated me 5☆s. The next day when I got my cleaning fee he changed it to a 1☆. Ive been trying ever since to get it removed.
    Its been 2 months now, I know its ot going to get removed but once or twice a week I keep the email exchange alive.

So, Id say its very rare to get a rating removed.

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. Matador350

Matador350 New Member

Yea I tried and uber hit me back with the reasons they can't do it. Oh well.

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. dnlbaboof

dnlbaboof Well-Known Member

no uber wont do it, i had a pax make racist comments and even then all they said was they could get him kicked off, no change of rating. They dont care. They are too busy cutting rates to 5 cents a mile.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. avguste

avguste Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have been trying this week to have them count a 1 five star which didn't originally get counted. So far only been getting automatic replies. Even tried to message one of the Uber exec on facebook.....

I also just today reported a trip. The pax put an address at the airport and while on the ride was on the phone, so I had no possibilities to ask her where exactly. So I followed the GPS which took me to a remote area of the airport. Pax was not happy. Messaged Uber and wrote that pax should be required to input their Terminal at all times.
    Don't think Uber will do anything about that rating.....

Duber12 and tohunt4me like this.
  10. ubersan

ubersan Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber seems to just send you an automated message. Most all of the responses to drivers help questions seem to be ridiculous automated messages, at least from my limited experience when sending them issue messages. I knew I would get a 1 star from a passenger who expected me to be a personal driver and wait around for an unspecified amount of time so she could shop. When I politely declined and she continued to argue that other drivers wait for her to go shopping, I knew a 1 star was in the works. I contacted Uber before she rated me, but got some silly automated message about mutual respect, blah, blah, blah, that I should ignore that rating, and focusing on accumulating 5 stars. With over 100 ratings her 1 star pushed me from 4.84 to 4.82, yet after accumulating 8 more 5-stars, my rating remained at 4.82. Sent Uber a flood of additional responses to their automated response, and of course get the big IGNORE DRIVER silence.

11. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

A lot of airports , when you just type the airport name in the navigation, will tale you to a service entrance or similar. Ft Lauderdale and Miami aorports both do this. It sounds like thos is what happened to you. I suggest you do a little research and either memorize or make a note of the address. I texted myself the terminal addresses so if I need to go to onr of those airports i can copy/paste the correct address and be on my way.

12. Ben Doerr

Ben Doerr Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I am close to getting deactivated. I am going to try and find a lawyer who will sue passengers for deflimatiom of carracture and lost wages.Esp since most my ones and twos come from collage kids wanting to put 18 peps in my mini. Fuber will love that.

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Very shady business practice.
    Especially when 40%-50% of riders do not rate.
    Angry riders always rate.

The ratings system will be the next class action lawsuit.

Duber12 and 331303 like this.
  14. avguste

avguste Member

Driving:
    UberX
    yea, about right. So far I have done 65 trips on Uber and only 48 were rated.

15. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

The less one communicates with Uber,
    The happier one is.

331303 likes this.
  16. Matador350

Matador350 New Member

So far I haven't given any of my pax a lower than 5 star rating because frankly I haven't had any bad pax. Some just are quiet and others are very nice to converse with. So I don't understand why some would give me a **** rating and leave no issues on uber.

Attached Files:

Duber12 likes this.
  17. avguste

avguste Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are basically in a similar situation as me

18. ubersan

ubersan Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The rating system is bloated on the rider side, and their ratings don't matter. If you legitimately give a rider a lower rating, the rider has the ability to see it or the impact of it before giving their rating to you. That is, riders can give reprisal ratings, whereas drivers have to provide ratings right away. I guarantee that they will give a much lower rating if they see you didn't give them 5 stars.

19. driverguy77

driverguy77 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ebay's feedback is MUCH better, a comment every time (so I know what I did right or wrong) and good, bad or neutral feedback.

20. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

The resurrector strikes again!!