Can you cancel customer's rides?

david112233

Hey all,

I have never tried this yet, but I was wondering if you can cancel immediately, within maybe 10 seconds of accepting a trip, due to accidentally clicking/other things came up? The "Cancel don't charge customer" option.

Will drivers get penalized for this? Has anyone done this often before?

4RSTJ6

Yes, I've done it a number of times. I usually pick "Other" as my reason. I haven't done this a lot of time, so maybe that's why I haven't been penalized. I've heard others getting nastygrams for doing it too much.

Livan

You may cancel, even if pax doesn't show up in time(no show after 5 mins) .. But don't abuse it.

Andy3131

Hey all,

I have never tried this yet, but I was wondering if you can cancel immediately, within maybe 10 seconds of accepting a trip, due to accidentally clicking/other things came up? The "Cancel don't charge customer" option.

Will drivers get penalized for this? Has anyone done this often before?
I do it sometimes. No problem

KekeLo

Hi Uber guru,
In the weekly review, Uber always states that, if we keep cancelling or ignoring pool requests for a spicific number, our accounts will be deactivated or suspended. Will this really happen?

Uber won't deactivate you for not accepting request, but they'll for sure deactivate you for cancellations.

You can't be deactivated anymore for your acceptance rate only for cancellations.

You're an independent contractor, so you can let as many rides as you won't time out, but Uber will give you a 4min time out for not accepting pings.