Can wife join me on a trip?

22701guy

May my wife join me on a trip I accept? Logic tells me no, but I'd like to get feedback on that possibility. Thanks.

GGDaddy

How do you explain the extra passenger to an UberX?

Once did a driver focus group at Uber. One of the other drivers was complaining he had brought his wife along, and Uber deactivated him for 5 days while they investigated.

CantThrowCantCatch

They reserve up to 4 seats with X so, no. Only way to possibly get away with this is to tell paxs upfront that your wife is with you and is that ok. But you can still get bad ratings because of it.

GGDaddy

Sure it's your car. But your ratings may suffer. Listen folks we are not employees, we can have whom ever we want in our car at anytime.
We're not employees, but we are independent contractors with a terms of service we've agreed to. One of the items we agreed to is to be alone in the car.

Bring along whomever you like folks, but don't whine if you get deactivated after doing so.

Bart McCoy

May my wife join me on a trip I accept? Logic tells me no, but I'd like to get feedback on that possibility. Thanks.
The logic should point to that if you pick up 4 people then what?

Listen folks we are not employees, we can have whom ever we want in our car at anytime.
No, youre not an employee you are a contractor. But when you contracted to do Uber you did not sign a contract to allow as many people as you want in the car prior to picking someone up. On X you contracted to pick up 4 people. Now sure how you gonna do that if you allow 2 of your friends to ride with you according to you being able to have as many people in the car as you want.

Just say she is a pool passenger who is going to question that??
Any UberX rider will question it,and think they are getting ripped off

We're not employees, but we are independent contractors with a terms of service we've agreed to. One of the items we agreed to is to be alone in the car.
THIS

Dontmakemepullauonyou

I seen this young Asian kid that literally had his grandma and grandpa with him. He leaves the lot to do an airport pick up. What an awkward ride for the pax lol

GGDaddy

You sound like you've taken poop before as a passenger have you no shame sir!
Nah, I had Poop Pax tell me the names of the other Poopers I was picking up off their app.

Yes, I take Poop pax to get my ride count up to 95 for Platinum. I apologize for nothing! :p

Papa Sarducci

Sure it's your car. But your ratings may suffer. Listen folks we are not employees, we can have whom ever we want in our car at anytime.
Wrong, I had this mentality until some assbag reported it to Uber, then I got the warning e-mail saying if they get another report about it they will deactivate me. Check the Help section of the Partner App, it tells you not to. Now there is a loophole, the agreement says no UNAUTHORIZED passengers may be in the car which to me says as long as you contact the pax before heading to pick them up and clear it with them you are good to go.